New York poised for first South Asian - origin and Muslim mayor as Cuomo concedes to Mamdani

I hope Mamdani is elected mayor of NYC and runs the city to the ground with his communist policies. Am not being sarcastic. That is my genuine wish. I want New Yorkers to pay, and yes suffer, for their electoral decisions.
 
Last edited:
July 15, 2025, 3:07 a.m. ET2 minutes ago
Qasim Nauman

Zohran Mamdani, the Democratic nominee for New York’s next mayor, said on social media after the flooding that the city’s infrastructure must be upgraded for “this new climate reality.” Mamdani’s campaign has linked affordability, his main platform, to climate change, saying it affects working-class New Yorkers the most.
 

Floodwater gushes into New York subway station during heavy rain​

Reuters Videos
Updated Tue, July 15, 2025 at 1:34 a.m. CDT

 
The latest survey from political consulting firm Slingshot Strategies has Mamdani comfortably leading the pack with 35% of the vote, followed by Cuomo at 25%, Republican Curtis Sliwa in third with 14%, and Adams in fourth with a paltry 11%.

Cuomo and Adams will now both run as independents on Nov. 4, after Hizzoner announced he would seek re-election in June following the dismissal of federal corruption charges against him.

Despite the Cuomo camp’s insistence he is the only alternative to Mamdani, critics still believe the primary results speak for themselves.

 
1752565097583.jpeg

Republican nominee in the New York City mayoral race Curtis Sliwa joins Fox Across America With Jimmy Failla to explain why he’s the candidate who has the best chance of beating Zohran Mamdani in the general election this November.



“I live by three words, improve, don’t move. Fight for what you know is right. And this scare of Zohran has turned this into a political circus where the other candidates, they’re all talking about, you should drop out, you drop out. You should drop. What do you mean drop out? We got an election to win. Get out in the streets, argue the issues, stay focused, and you’ll get millennials and Gen Zs to listen to you, but you gotta go where they are. Adams isn’t, Cuomo isn’t. The only one who is is me, because you know me. I’m the subway guy. I’m a street guy. I’m out there with the peeps, and that’s who’s gonna determine the next mayor, not the billionaires. If you notice, Adams and Cuomo can’t find a billionaire they don’t love to shake down. I don’t want billionaires to millionaires because this is not a game of chess where they’re going to pick who the next mayor is. The people will. And I think I’ve earned enough cred with the people for more than 46 years of service to the people, not asking anything in return to be able for them to lend me their ear so I can tell them why I’m the better choice than Zohran, Cuomo or Adams.”
 


NYC Mayoral Candidate And City Comptroller Brad Lander Arrested At Immigration Court​

“You don’t have the authority to arrest U.S. citizens,” Lander told the masked agents.


To the contrary of that fool's ignorance, interference with and obstruction of the lawful duties of a federal law enforcement officer can and will result in that person's arrest.

As he found out the hard way.
 
Cant decide if to be angry at Islamophobia or this man representing Muslims in general.
What is your issue with Mamdani ? I think he is offering fresh ideas and approach and helping the image of Muslims incidentally as well.
 
What is your issue with Mamdani ? I think he is offering fresh ideas and approach and helping the image of Muslims incidentally as well.
His "fresh ideas" have already been tried in one form or another.

He just thinks he can do it better. That's all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back
Top