Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

Yes, I think so.

Since you display such abysmal ignorance about the history of partition, you should know that Suhrawardy, the undisputed Muslim League leader of the time, had planned with Sarat Bose and Kiron Shankar Roy for Bengal to be a third Dominion. Jinnah, exasperated by this, agreed; the plan was undone, not by a hard-core Islamist, but by Syama Prasad Mukherjee, who rushed to Delhi to protest. The Congress leadership strongly discouraged Bose and Roy, the provincial legislature was asked to vote separately by community, and the vote was in favour of partition.

There are other factors that completely disprove the validity of the Two Nation Theory, but this is neither the time nor the place.

Before you rush to tell people your own view of what happened, please do your homework. অল্প বিদ্যা ভয়ঙ্করী।
Lets agree to disagree Sir. For me two nations theory is the reason for safety of my way of life...

I once read a Facebook post: Onek chinta koricham. Onikhon pore bhujlaam je eto chinta kore kono laabh nai.

Though it may not be ideal, profiling based on demographics may be be a necessary evil. America did the same with Arabs and Muslims after 9/11.

I don't see how this is neccessary. Vast majority of the traitors are Muslims. All Hassina's top military and intelligence officials are Muslims. Same is true with bureaucrats and BAL Cadre.

My proposal is that we castrate DGFI and keep military out of intelligence business inside the border. fully empower NSI and National Telecommunication Monitoring Centre under civilian leadership. And spy on just about everyone and everything in this country.

Speaking of mind-set, I suggest you start with your countrymen.

He is already doing his best. Let's us be respectful toward veteran members.

I once read a Facebook post: Onek chinta koricham. Onikhon pore bhujlaam je eto chinta kore kono laabh nai.

Though it may not be ideal, profiling based on demographics may be be a necessary evil. America did the same with Arabs and Muslims after 9/11. Does that make America a theocratic state?

Speaking of mind-set, I suggest you start with your countrymen. We will do whatever it takes to keep our nation secure including profiling.
The mind-set of my countrymen is what it is, created by circumstance and events as they take place. At the moment, there is no activity by India on either a state or a personal level, other than the ravings of the fringe lunatics of the Internet.

As far as profiling is concerned, that is entirely your option, and will speak to the world about more than merely your mind-set. Good luck with that.

With Indian backing, they want to get Bangladesh labeled as anti Hindu country. These Hindutvas protested in US too.

Hindu victim card is how BAL dreams of coming back.
Isn't there an obvious way to avert such insinuations and such institutional hostility?

One would imagine that loose talk, of the kind that is being picked up by those in this forum looking for such talk as pegs on which to hang further accusations, should stop. Instead, we have the Two Nation Theory, discredited even in Pakistan (the Pakistan of today) and religion-based profiling suggested.

How do you think even the neutral or the supportive elements within the Indian population will react? How are they to distinguish this behaviour from the overt pro-Jamaat colouring that this revolutionary situation has been given by the enemies of that situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back