China and India - How is India viewed in China?

Nice discussion going on here that I missed . ..I will go through all of it and threw in my few cents if I could collect some .

Pork in India is not as popular as it is in China, and it's unclear why the Indian government is not focusing on the mass production, consumption, and export of pork. Indian pork is of excellent quality, and the breeds of pigs found in India have a uniquely distinct taste.
If you ever visit India, be sure to try the local pork—you’ll become a fan of its unique taste.
The sorpotel is quite good, nice and salty, perfect little quick snack but its made of the worst bits, baloney.. just spiced good.

In Manipur etc they make pork curry which is to be had with rotis.. super delish.

Coorg do the best version in all my tastings of desi pork.. pandi curry, that shit is to die for.

Beef ki bhi lots of dishes here regionally, like the errachi fry (stir fry) from Kerala, north east do their own versions too.

I like Goat/lamb the best of the desi meat offerings but.. nothing beats a good burra !

🤤

The sorpotel is quite good, nice and salty, perfect little quick snack but its made of the worst bits, baloney.. just spiced good.

In Manipur etc they make pork curry which is to be had with rotis.. super delish.

Coorg do the best version in all my tastings of desi pork.. pandi curry, that shit is to die for.

Beef ki bhi lots of dishes here regionally, like the errachi fry (stir fry) from Kerala, north east do their own versions too.

I like Goat/lamb the best of the desi meat offerings but.. nothing beats a good burra !

🤤
I don’t eat any kind of beef, but I really miss Indian pork, especially the version made with extra garlic. It’s very popular in Bihar, Nepal, Bengal, and the Northeast. The wild black pigs found in India have a flavor that is quite different from the industrial pork available anywhere else in the world.
1727430219775.jpeg1727430219775.jpeg

I don’t eat any kind of beef, but I really miss Indian pork, especially the version made with extra garlic. It’s very popular in Bihar, Nepal, Bengal, and the Northeast. The wild black pigs found in India have a flavor that is quite different from the industrial pork available anywhere else in the world.
China has very strict wildlife protection laws. Wild boars are legally protected animals and illegal hunting is prohibited. These wild animals are also not allowed to be driven or killed if they infringe on farmland or houses. It is up to the government to pay for the damages.

Recently, there is a place in China that is flooded with wild boars. The local government invites people to hunt and kill on a limited basis, however, the use of guns or drugs is prohibited. The hunted wild boars are handed over to the government for disposal, and the government pays for the hunts.

Chinese people prefer to eat wild animals, and the current wild boar meat is all artificially bred wild boar. If India can provide large quantities of high quality wild boar meat, this will be a very good market. However, due to completely different eating habits, these wild boars will be difficult to sell if they are processed and then sold to China. Therefore, direct supply of wild boar meat is the best option.

China has very strict wildlife protection laws. Wild boars are legally protected animals and illegal hunting is prohibited. These wild animals are also not allowed to be driven or killed if they infringe on farmland or houses. It is up to the government to pay for the damages.

Recently, there is a place in China that is flooded with wild boars. The local government invites people to hunt and kill on a limited basis, however, the use of guns or drugs is prohibited. The hunted wild boars are handed over to the government for disposal, and the government pays for the hunts.

Chinese people prefer to eat wild animals, and the current wild boar meat is all artificially bred wild boar. If India can provide large quantities of high quality wild boar meat, this will be a very good market. However, due to completely different eating habits, these wild boars will be difficult to sell if they are processed and then sold to China. Therefore, direct supply of wild boar meat is the best option.
wild boar is a protected species in India, I was talking about domesticated pigs. There are several varieties of pigs in India, and they are in abundance—not endangered.
1727434256212.jpeg
In my teenage years, it was common to enjoy pork ribs with wine in my village with friends, both Hindus and Muslims. The recent trend of Muslims in Bihar avoiding pork seems to be driven by increasing radicalization through social media.
I’m not sure why industrially produced pork doesn’t taste the same as the pork from the domesticated pigs in my village. I suspect they use some kind of hormones or have genetically modified the pigs to maximize profits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back