Chinese Type 041 Zhou class mini nuclear submarine reported to have sunk in Wuhan

Submarines are complex machines and deep water maritime operations are not without incidents in human history. These incidents are sometimes concealed to prevent sensitive data leakage. Otherwise, every journalist in the vicinity will rush to the scene to take photos and ask too many questions.

Mankind is not biologically built to live in seas and machines are not perfect.

Also, do people know that the ocean floor has unmapped hills and mountains due to tectonic activity? One of the most advanced American submarines struck one of these unmapped mountains in 2021. Imagine the horror or the look on the faces of the crew down there.

Those who work in submarines are very brave, generally speaking.

I'll give you a $1000 if you show me a US intelligence report saying that BS Indian picture was a cracked aircraft carriers.

Do you understand the difference between US intelligence assessments and random Indians on twitter with no background in defense assessments?

If you think both are the same, then Idk what to tell you. lol
Who is going to trust US intelligence on China these days, get real.

Here's my old comment that got deleted along with the thread. I also think that's definitely a sinking submarine but not the nuclear type that WSJ suggested.
Lol, doesnt say anything.

View attachment 67728

This is the photo of the incident in question. So why so many crane in that spot? What are they trying to lift from beneath the waves in that spot?

Presence of so many crane = Sunken Submarine

What a logic sir G. 😆

A Nuclear sub with a draft of at least 7.5 m sinks in river that has 5 m depth and vanished completely

What a logic sir G. 😆

I think tphuang explains it best. The water depth of Yangtze river around Wuhan is only 5m.and type 041 is an aip sub with nuclear reactor. But even 039C has >6m draught + the sail on top. It's impossible to fully sink underneath the water and the image shown is only cranes shadow and no trace of a sunken submarine .
Every sub launched @ WC shipyard has to be surfaced when heading out to ECS for sea trials.That's how we catch all the new subs out of China.All currently operating NPP & ones under construction are on the coast.If mini nuke was being built, it would be @ JN shipyard.The cranes were there most likely for dredging activity.
If something bad actually happened @ WC shipyard, ppl would know.

What a logic sir G. 😆
Well, I don't know. But why bring several crane to a particular spot? They are not fixed crane to begin with and they seem to be positioned in the manner as if they are trying to lift something.

Well, I don't know. But why bring several crane to a particular spot? They are not fixed crane to begin with and they seem to be positioned in the manner as if they are trying to lift something.
Or maybe it's just dredging activity going on there.The sunken area should be just 6 meters deep. Which is less than the diameter of the Yuan class subs' hull.

Mobile phone of one of the officer fell down in the water and they are searching it. 😜

Mobile phone of one of the officer fell down in the water and they are searching it. 😜
Lmao. The does photo shows unusual activity but I don't have knowledge of it.

Also, I don't think that an American intelligence agency will provide details even if it has high resolution imagery.

Last edited:
Never until provide some proof with it which is missing here. So I would not believe, sooner or later is not an option here. I am more logical type person than i should be.
Fair enough!

Knowing secretive China 1 year later for all you know this sub might re-surface & everyone would've wasted their time discussing it.

What a logic sir G. 😆

A Nuclear sub with a draft of at least 7.5 m sinks in river that has 5 m depth and vanished completely

What a logic sir G. 😆

Saar gee when did you become an expert on rivers and depths and drafts of submarines? :)

Intelligence agency people have jobs to do surveillance, this newsreport came from an intelligence brief not a random blogger.

You are not better than then in making assessments, especially when they have clandestine resources for observance.

until provide some proof

What proof would you be willing to accept?

And what proof would an intelligence agency reveal without giving away how it collected the information?

why not explain why you think its a lie rather than declare it a lie based on you not liking the news. lol

Should they just lineup all their submarines for you to count just because tens of "your" media houses came up with a news that one of those submarine sank ? By this logic, I am here claiming that USA's 6th generation fighter jet was destroyed recently. Now you refute this news and show me all of your "secret" prototypes you testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back