Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

And the above as your personal opinion is perfectly fine with me.
The problem here has many layers. Remember that in such cases the nation not only its own grievances to address but also has to provide reassurance to its citizens, who’s faith and trust in their armed forces was shaken to the core that day.

Then comes the power play and political games behind closed doors. As the days goes, war is old men talking and young men dying.
I am not against responding to aggression and satisfying the Nation, I am just saying have some ethics, in this case Israel has became the worse aggressor than Hamas by actions. They lost moral high ground and created more issues / complications locally and internationally.

I am not against responding to aggression and satisfying the Nation, I am just saying have some ethics, in this case Israel has became the worse aggressor than Hamas by actions. They lost moral high ground and created more issues / complications locally and internationally.
I can’t disagree with much of what you said here.

And that enshrines the right of Israel to self defence which is a sovereign right. I think anyone of a sane mind can agree Hamas was the aggressor, and to be frank I think even Hamas were taken by surprise at lack of readiness of the IDF on the day.

Killing of civilians is horrible and should be condemned from both sides.

Coming to Israel’s sovereign right to self defence , we must remember that in law is force that is proportionate, lawful, accountable, necessary and ethical.

After 9/11 if the US so wanted they could have dropped a nuke on Afghanistan and called it a day.

But that would have been an indiscriminate and excessive use of force which would have been rightly condemned.

So the US had to opt for a long war with boots on the ground. It’s a difficult situation dissecting war, because war is anything but B.A.U.
They did drop a MOAB there, the US in Afghanistan.

I agree in principle ki proportional, not excessive use of force hona chahiye

but such is the nature of war, man

If war is inevitable, says Chinese general Sun Tzu, the attempt should be to overwhelm the enemy quickly, with a thorough assessment of their strengths and weaknesses.

take no prisoners !

take no shite !

I can’t disagree with much of what you said here.
Thank You.

Is it possible for USA to use her influence and control / contain this conflict, instead of becoming an active participant?

What happened?

My mistake; nothing related to the current combatants.

The entire conflict started out of the blue on Oct 7th.

One day people are eating falafels and watermelon, the next thing you know...

They did drop a MOAB there, the US in Afghanistan.

I agree in principle ki proportional, not excessive use of force hona chahiye

but such is the nature of war, man

If war is inevitable, says Chinese general Sun Tzu, the attempt should be to overwhelm the enemy quickly, with a thorough assessment of their strengths and weaknesses.

take no prisoners !

take no shite !
At the risk of going O/T that Moab was for show it just levelled a mountain and killed a goat hearder who’s family got mega bucks in compensation from the US Gov.

In the end the US withdrew and the rest is for another thread.

What we are discussing here is the death of over 23000 people out of which 9600 are children and the forced displacement of 1.9 million people.

That is what we are discussing here.

My mistake; nothing related to the current combatants.

The entire conflict started out of the blue on Oct 7th.

One day people are eating falafels and watermelon, the next thing you know...
over spicy falafils cant cause this.
You said out of BLUE, what are you referring to ?

Thank You.

Is it possible for USA to use her influence and control / contain this conflict, instead of becoming an active participant?

It already is. There needs to be an influence on reigning in Hamas as well by their benefactors.

At the risk of going O/T that Moab was for show it just levelled a mountain and killed a goat hearder who’s family got mega bucks in compensation from the US Gov.

In the end the US withdrew and the rest is for another thread.

What we are discussing here is the death of over 23000 people out of which 9600 are children and the forced displacement of 1.9 million people.

That is what we are discussing here.
Fine, we shall keep this thread moored to the topic, no anchor shankor and currents ghumaaoing naiiya.

Inke common draftees se meri kaafi baat cheet hui hai (everyone is a draftee there)

also met a few who refused on principle, draft dodgers.. idhar Goa aa k DJ ban gaya tha, this one 'Ariel' guy I knew. Feigned being special needs or something.. IDH ne haath jod liye.. ki bhai, tu ni aa sakta LOL

Not sure if true, but ek bande ne tutty bhi kar di apni pants m.. to show he's mentally not ready for duty :D

They're an interesting bunch, in recent years they really haven't been showing in the same numbers they used to in the 2000s

-----------

I like all people, kahin k bhi ho.. individual > collective

It already is. There needs to be an influence on reigning in Hamas as well by their benefactors.
I still think there is some grand plan somewhere in which the PA gets parachuted into power to save the day/save face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back