Central Asian Defence
NATO Defence
Brazilian Defence
Thanks to consider. Not all but some important ones
Further
World Economy.
BRICS
Hello Sir,
We can discuss about it internally and I will try to add few sections from it such as the world economy.

Afghanistan defence already exists if you didn’t notice earlier. I see the International sections differently

We have Indian, Iranian, Chinese and Afghanistan Defence sections because they are our neighbour and we have direct relationship with them

We have US defence because we are non-NATO allies, one of our largest trading partner and a Super power.

We have Russian Defence because they are a major force and been involved with us during soviet-Afghan war etc.

Every section is here for a reason and Pakistan has direct or indirect relationship with them. The last I want to see is the section created for the sake of it and nobody post in it for months. It needs to have a significant community to ensure a fair demand for it.

We already have these sections in slightly different way, such as discussion about Brazil or NATO can go into Military forum, the discussion about UK can go into Europe and Russia etc. It will reduce the demand of existing sections if these countries are given their own sections. I am fine with UK as I have keen interest in UK defence but it is not about one or two individuals.

I will speak to mod team and see if we can implement some of these sections. I think World Economy is a good idea to keep the other countries sections clean.

I will send you a private message about it and we can explore few options together.

Time to sleep again

Fatman17

THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Hello Sir,
We can discuss about it internally and I will try to add few sections from it such as the world economy.

Afghanistan defence already exists if you didn’t notice earlier. I see the International sections differently

We have Indian, Iranian, Chinese and Afghanistan Defence sections because they are our neighbour and we have direct relationship with them

We have US defence because we are non-NATO allies, one of our largest trading partner and a Super power.

We have Russian Defence because they are a major force and been involved with us during soviet-Afghan war etc.

Every section is here for a reason and Pakistan has direct or indirect relationship with them. The last I want to see is the section created for the sake of it and nobody post in it for months. It needs to have a significant community to ensure a fair demand for it.

We already have these sections in slightly different way, such as discussion about Brazil or NATO can go into Military forum, the discussion about UK can go into Europe and Russia etc. It will reduce the demand of existing sections if these countries are given their own sections. I am fine with UK as I have keen interest in UK defence but it is not about one or two individuals.

I will speak to mod team and see if we can implement some of these sections. I think World Economy is a good idea to keep the other countries sections clean.

I will send you a private message about it and we can explore few options together.

Time to sleep again
Thanks for your reply. I was only looking for some clarity. HST if world economy and UK defence can be implemented it would be a good start.
For the rest l will continue to pester you "nicely "
Have a good night 😴

Fatman17

Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
UK defense is covered by the European section, and myself and other Brits post there. Although it might be good to have a separate section to acknowledge the standing of the UK.
BTW brits are out of the EU right ✅

Fatman17

Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Wouldn't these already be covered by world affairs section?
Not in my opinion. I'm looking for a bit of clarity for the posters. Reference the Turkish defence forum.

Fatman17

Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Create sub-sections within World Affairs for
World Economy
BRICS

Fatman17

Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Callsign of the day

Callsign "X-Man"​

Navy exchange pilot Lt. Cross

Mr X

Administrator
May 28, 1998
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Not in my opinion. I'm looking for a bit of clarity for the posters. Reference the Turkish defence forum.
Sir,

We carry the legacy of the old PDF. The Turkish forum you referenced is impressively structured, and I commend the considerable effort put into it. However, certain sections are infrequently updated due to the sheer number of categories they have.

We've streamlined categories in select sections, contrasting with their more detailed approach. Rather than drawing inspiration from other forums, we've forged our own successful working method.

I appreciate your suggestions, and I plan to review them thoroughly soon, likely next week given my work schedule. I believe implementing the minor changes you suggested will suffice. Our goal is to maintain a community that stays engaged and focused, avoiding excessive detail by aiming for fewer sections with more threads rather than the other way around. I would prefer 1000 threads in 10 sections instead of 10 threads each in 100 sections.

I will send you a private message next week and we can work together to simplify yet providing more clarity about the purpose of each section.

Fatman17

Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Want to start a weekly or monthly military quiz.
There will be 10 questions people would have to answer. Basically it will be pictures of military aircraft, ships and land equipment.
I will tabulate the winning answers. We can think about a prize (magazine subscription) to the winner at the end of the quiz tournament. Value of the prize will be around £10.

hembo

Feb 6, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have lost nearly 3500++ articles when the old PDF closed down.
Now I'm going through my database saved on my computer and disks and uploading some articles which still may be of interest to the new PDF members.
I've been advised by the mod(s) to post only in the archives already created by admn or other members. There could be some overlap or duplicate articles which might be uploaded.
I'm not trying to create new threads (I'm beyond that stage) .
I just want to share what I have with the new PDF but if it is a problem for anyone then I can stop. End of Rant.
Thanks

@Fatman17 Sahib,

The Old PDF has miraculously reappeared somehow. You may try to retrieve whatever valuable articles/ data you had there in this opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread