Houthi-Israel War: Around Yemen and Beyond - News, Updates and Discussion

Also a warning to Houthi government that Yemen's economic infrastructure is on the line due to its anti-shipping campaign. Might also be an attempt to create unrest there. It also won't surprise me that IDF is collecting information about Houthi government and leadership structure.
Very interesting differences in US and Israel targets in Yemen

USA targets military infrastructure in mostly pre-emptive strikes (i.e., they detect drones being prepared for launch and destroy them on the ground)

Israel targets civilian infrastructure like power plants and oil storage sites (and they openly admit this too) to create big fires and punish the civilian population

USA targets military infrastructure in mostly pre-emptive strikes (i.e., they detect drones being prepared for launch and destroy them on the ground)

Israel targets civilian infrastructure like power plants and oil storage sites (and they openly admit this too) to create big fires and punish the civilian population
One of the reasons for the US to be reluctant to strike at Houthi in a big way is that Houthi oppose Al-Qaeda Network of the region. The US does want this network to regroup unless there is another setup that can take care of it.

Does Yemen not have SAM defences that can protect important economic sites?

The former achieved nothing. Israel's strikes are much more meaningful. The west doesn't win wars any more because of these stupid tactics of bombing empty warehouses or a few drones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back