Implications of Military Strategy, Operations, & Tactics on Pakistan Army (and others) from Ukraine-Russia War

Armchair

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I thought of starting a thread about the "Implications of Military Strategy, Operations, & Tactics on Pakistan Army (and others) from Ukraine-Russia War".
I think the current Ukraine war, and the coming age of robots (drones), along with AI has major implications, that will revolutionize the theory and practice of conventional conflicts worldwide.

This goes to Alvin Toffler's discussions of the "Third Wave". We may in fact now be on a "Fourth Wave" of AI.

I hope the mods allow this little discussion.
@Panzerkiel hope you see this thread.

Here is a mediocre paper to start the discussion:

My own thoughts are the following are impacted:
1. Tactics
2. Equipment (emergence, obsolescence, employment)
3. Operational art
4. Military organization (needs to be rethought just as the Germans rethought warfare when mobility and firepower changed)
5. Macro strategy - combining conscription with a professional force seems the winning formula for both sides
6. Technology and innovation (future pathways to choose)

Some random thoughts:
1. Light infantry has found meaning in ways that was not expected.
2. If drones, EW, aerial mining, artillery-drone combination, the vital importance of trenches (and digging and building them rapidly), are taken into account, then the composition of the basic brigade can perhaps be rethought. Case in point, a suitably equiped light infantry brigade now has much better odds of blunting an armored assault.
3. Conversely, with many new specializations at every level of the military organization, re-organizing the brigade may be more optimal, both in terms of structure and numbers.
4. AAA needs major innovation to counter drones, and must now play a far more important role in the survival of any military force, whether in defence or offence.
5. The type and level of drones need to be segmented, from the smallest units at the squad level, to the brigade headquarters level (and all in between).
6. Could a segment of FPV drones be deployed at the depth and singular command of artillery units? It seems both need an arms length from the front line, and both are dependent on a significant logistic footprint.

this is to get the ball rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back