India - Middle East relationship

JaneBhiDoYaaron

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Shell we agree India is having best time in with relationship Middle East Nations as Ever especially Arab nations.

Just with UAE I think. Qataris will never have anything to do with Indian Military

If you think about it, it makes business sense for the emiratis of UAE to align closely with India.
Very true specially because of frozen direct trade relationship between India and Pakistan. UAE is just milking right now as intermediary.

Anyway it is not only UAE, I think the Saudi relationship also is great specially Crown Prince is taking SA in liberal direction. Oman relations are great. Also not so good perceived relations between Qatar and India is also on mend. Specially Qatar court removing death penalty is a good sign.

So, I think in general relationship with the Middle East has improved a lot since Modi arrival. Also you are hundred percent right that could be because of India’s growing economy, or whatever.

Personally, I think it is because Middle Eastern rulers are looking forward to grow their economy outside oil and India they considered as reliable partner.

I would say out of all Middle East only Turkey is outlier as personal comradely is missing similar to all other Middle Eastern nations. That is not to say as trade is booming between two nations. I believe Tata signed with Turkish Airline a deal but relationship can go much higher but sultán Erdogan has his own ideas.

If you think about it, it makes business sense for the emiratis of UAE to align closely with India.

I think it makes business sense for all mid east countries to have close diplomatic and trade links with India
The shear scale of potential markets cannot be ignored regardless of whom else they trade with
India imports are huge

I think it makes business sense for all mid east countries to have close diplomatic and trade links with India
The shear scale of potential markets cannot be ignored regardless of whom else they trade with
India imports are huge
Some are more open to explore this than others. But I don't see why not, there really should not be barriers to commerce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back