Iranian President Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian die in helicopter crash in East Azerbaijan

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
well , he should have been more carefull ak
I stopped using the word ‘should’ in kindergarten. I suggest you graduate from that too:

ماهی را از هر وقت از اب پگیری تازه است.

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Caution to differentiate causation from correlation.

3 helicopters all flying thru same conditions only one that goes down is President
Given that, regardless of unlikely possibilities, it seems Raisi was, in fact, being groomed for the SL position. I might be wrong.

I am not sure how likely it was after he lost his 1st election to Rouhani, but prior to that he was touted as a viable replacement.

Given the history of the IRI, if the worst comes true, this will not have a long term impact on the IRI.

If it leads to Rouhani or Hassan Khomeini to take the SL position then I wouldn’t be so sure.

AmirIGM

Dec 13, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Absolute worst possible conditions for a search and rescue operation. Rain, fog, night-time, in the mountains.

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Everyone on this Green Earth is calling that
If one don't lie to himself !
It's suicide if one is flying through such weather inside old American BELL 212 ( as per some links) , when you are probably Enemy number 4 for US and No.1 for Israel.

How are they even sourcing the spareparts. Just like their dead f14 -Tomcats.

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Maybe they will now invest in suitable helicopter engine development and their own line of helicopters. How long will you continue to fly Bell’s?

What ever happened to the ‘national helicopter project’ for Iran?

PakAl

Sep 27, 2007
Unfortunate and sad incident. Iranian military needs to be involved and find the president. The news doesn't look good, some are saying it was hard landing and some are saying the helicopter has crashed. Complete incompetence, how can the pilot give go ahead in such a bad weather.

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Maybe they will now invest in suitable helicopter engine development and their own line of helicopters. How long will you continue to fly Bell’s?

What ever happened to the ‘national helicopter project’ for Iran?

Not sure a helicopter development programme is the answer for a poor decision to fly in this weather ? Seeing what I am seeing - i am shocked that a professional pilot made the decision to fly in this weather.

This is unfortuante and sad for sure. A bade decision led to the death of so many people it seems.

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Hells fly in close formation, to increase chances of survival incase of surface to air.. but in fog they have to keep a certain altitude a distance to avoid collision. the president helis must have crashed, if it was a mayday then the other two helis would’ve known where it might have gone down…

Reports Said it was foggy weather, given the minimum safe distance for helicopters, it could most definitely enable obscurity given harsh conditions if you only have 100 feet visibility it’s like night time.

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Not sure a helicopter development programme is the answer for a poor decision to fly in this weather ? Seeing what I am seeing - i am shocked that a professional pilot made the decision to fly in this weather.

Plenty of IRGC/Artesh/Government officials died from 1990-2010 in aviation crashes due to poor visibility/poor aircraft.

But yes I think the likelihood this problem would have occurred if your helicopter wasn’t from Vietnam era would drop significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread