J-15 - PLAN carrierborne fighter

Deino

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
In fact I'm a bit surprised so far we had no thread on the J-15 ... but here a J-15B was spotted again ... however I'm not entirely sure on what type of engine it uses?!
(Images via @Captain小潇 from Weibo)

1725439705427.png

Source:
Not Applicable
In fact I'm a bit surprised so far we had no thread on the J-15 ... but here a J-15B was spotted again ... however I'm not entirely sure on what type of engine it uses?!
(Images via @Captain小潇 from Weibo)

View attachment 62863
Any idea how many are there in service?

Any idea how many are there in service?

None so far ... at least by my understanding? Maybe @Michael knows more, but given the fact that since a few months we are seeing them more and more regularly I think at least production is running.

None so far ... at least by my understanding? Maybe @Michael knows more, but given the fact that since a few months we are seeing them more and more regularly I think at least production is running.
J15 aircraft carrier carrier-based version. There is no official announcement at the moment. Speculative code J15T.

It's certain that they're in production. Recently there has been a lot of news and pictures about its flight tests, and it is said that the flight tests are very intensive.

The existing number is estimated at one squadron(<10), produced in the traditional way. Used to test, evaluate, train.........

The new batch is estimated to use a pulsating production line, but it is only an estimate, not certain.

J15 aircraft carrier carrier-based version. There is no official announcement at the moment. Speculative code J15T.

It's certain that they're in production. Recently there has been a lot of news and pictures about its flight tests, and it is said that the flight tests are very intensive.

The existing number is estimated at one squadron(<10), produced in the traditional way. Used to test, evaluate, train.........

The new batch is estimated to use a pulsating production line, but it is only an estimate, not certain.

Thanks and in fact that confirms or supports my assumption, even if I have only little new information and imagery of SAC since months (also made difficult due to additional hangers).

Cannot wait to see them

Thanks and in fact that confirms or supports my assumption, even if I have only little new information and imagery of SAC since months (also made difficult due to additional hangers).

Cannot wait to see them
There is a big news at the moment. However, it has not been confirmed and will need to wait a little longer. If this news is true, there will be an official announcement soon. If there is no official news within two weeks, it is definitely fake news. Let's be patient for two weeks. ------------ related to all weapons systems of the PLA.

There is a big news at the moment. However, it has not been confirmed and will need to wait a little longer. If this news is true, there will be an official announcement soon. If there is no official news within two weeks, it is definitely fake news. Let's be patient for two weeks. ------------ related to all weapons systems of the PLA.

Yes, interesting times we live in ... ;)

Well, well they finally ditch the Russian engine for J15 with complete confidence in the WS 10 series engine. So anyone still think that Chinese engine is inferior?

Again you are too easily jumping the band-wagon ... no-one is questioning but the point is, is this really a WS-10? IMO that image is too blurry and also here they seem to agree:

1725466454987.png
1725466489328.png

Again you are too easily jumping the band-wagon ... no-one is questioning but the point is, is this really a WS-10? IMO that image is too blurry and also here they seem to agree:

View attachment 62906
View attachment 62907
lol.
It seems that you know China well. I didn't expect you to understand this sentence.
"三姨夫 Third uncle" It is another name for AL-31F by Chinese military fans. It is a specific name for military fans, a word that ordinary Chinese cannot read.It is a homophonic word for ”31F“ Chinese pronunciation.Its original meaning refers to: An honorific title to the husband of the third sister of the mother

Last edited:
lol.
It seems that you know China well. I didn't expect you to understand this sentence.
"三姨夫 Third uncle" It is another name for AL-31F by Chinese military fans. It is a specific name for military fans, a word that ordinary Chinese cannot read.It is a homophonic word for ”31F“ Chinese pronunciation.Its original meaning refers to: An honorific title to the husband of the third sister of the mother

I must admit I knew it refers to the AL-31F, but this unique explanation is new to me! :oops:

I must admit I knew it refers to the AL-31F, but this unique explanation is new to me! :oops:
Chinese military fans have their own unique and very large name system. Everything you know, we describe it by using some unique names. If the name is translated directly into English, you will not be able to understand its meaning at all. Ordinary Chinese also have no way of knowing what these names mean.

You can think of it as a special language system. It includes all the major countries of the world, common weapons.

This is an animated image of China and United Kingdom. We call them "兔子Rabbit(China)" and "约翰牛John Bull(UK)"
2223bfe52c7d4ee9a33205c977834a6a.jpeg

View attachment 62906
View attachment 62907
What Chinese netizens said on the open forum is not GOD Anyone can write anything on Weibo. There will always be pros and contra. So why should we trust the contras? No official announcement to deny or confirm it But by looking at the shorter nozzle and silvery petal color. Logically it is WS 10 and we have this long testing period for years About time they produced a domestic engine since Russia will be busy with their own production production

Last edited:
What Chinese netizens said on the open forum is not GOD Anyone can write anything on Weibo. There will always be pros and contra. So why should we trust the contras? No official announcement to deny or confirm it But by looking at the shorter nozzle and silvery petal color. Logically it is WS 10 and we have this long testing period for years About time they produced a domestic engine since Russia will be busy with their own production production

Exactly my point ... we get barely any official confirmation and as such - even if not gold-standard - we need to rely on such post at Weibo (and there indeed several credible posters there) as well as our own observation and logic ... and mine tells me to be careful since this image is too blurry to be sure.

@Deino @Hendarto
This is sent by a blogger: about WS10 series/AL31F appearance feature recognition.
0903.jpg

Please use translation software to translate these Chinese by yourself.
For your reference, I'm not sure of the accuracy of this identification method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back