Made in Iran

Zarathustra

Jan 22, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I dont underatand this weak ideological slogan "to solve the issue of Iran's dependence on west". We create a beautiful product.. but instead of focusing on a marketing campaign to export these products worldwide, to create partnerships, we create a communist, political, ideological empty slogan which diminishes the product and name of Mapna. Instead of focusing on beating western companies in certain niches in international markets, it seems like we want only to save our national demand for lithium by mass production. The first one is called marketing, the second one is called communist slogan by parrots of islamic republic.
Whilst I agree 100% with what you’re saying, I guess the priority it to ensure Iran is never again to be brought to its knees by malign foreign governments using sanctions as weapons.
Of course, I would love to see the corruption removed and let Mapna and HESA etc compete as a major exporters of high quality products.

Zarathustra

Jan 22, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Iran produced nearly 3.2 million barrels of crude oil in March, up 28,000 barrels from February, leading the members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in production.

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Iran produced nearly 3.2 million barrels of crude oil in March, up 28,000 barrels from February, leading the members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in production.

"leading the members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in production"

that is just not true. both Iraq and Saudi Arabia produce more oil than Iran:

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 12.53.33.png

I don't think producing less oil than Iraq, or bragging about producing oil in 2024, is anything to be proud of.

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
One of many such terms to be added in Iranian Messaging and Terminology Clearinghouse section...
Actually, that is a TRANSLITERATION incorrectly used as a TRANSLATION. IOW, an incorrect application of a dictionary.

It was the first thing I added to the messaging and branding section a few days ago:

Thread 'Iranian Messaging and Terminology Clearinghouse'
https://defencepk.com/forums/threads/iranian-messaging-and-terminology-clearinghouse.6708/

Iranian tech(nology) is the closest translation in an industrial context.

I must say, growing up, my parents when buying things (especially fabrics and textiles) would ask if they were vatan (“vataneh?”), Which means ‘of Homeland’. Somehow this abjectly incorrect term has seeped into our dialogue context (industry, military, etc).

That said, there was pride in ‘homemade’ items then. Seems no longer.

It’s incorrect!

Navid09

Apr 2, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
"leading the members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in production"

that is just not true. both Iraq and Saudi Arabia produce more oil than Iran:

View attachment 33455

I don't think producing less oil than Iraq, or bragging about producing oil in 2024, is anything to be proud of.
What they mean is that Iran had the highest change between Feb and march which was at 28,000, whilst Saudi arabia was 20,000 and Iraq -23,000.

But still, I agree this statistic is nothing important

Users who are viewing this thread