PAF Still Holds Record For F-16 Induction !

CombatCorner

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
348438031_101871172920969_5378245293207283430_n.jpg

PAF Pilots are of very high caliber, commented the Instructor who trained the initial batch of Six PAF pilots on the F-16 Fighting Falcons. According to the author, these comments had even more significance since same USAF Instructor had both American and Israeli Pilots in the course. After nearly Forty Years, this disclosure becomes more apparent as it's said that for nearly four decades, PAF holds the record, as no other Airforce has inducted the F-16s in such a short span of time as did the PAF. While European Air Arms took Four Years and the Israelis completed it in 3.5 Years, the PAF did it in 18 Months. Albeit, this news was carried by few aviation journals at the time however, recently it was confirmed by one of the first 10 pilots who went to US for training (after the first 6, 4 more went who were known as the First 10 Foreign Students). Incredible!!

IMG-20230209-WA0016.jpg

Source:
Combat Crew
Every Man A Tiger:
"Iraqi pilot training came from three sources: France, Pakistan and the former Soviet Union. Lucky for us, Soviet training proved dominant, with their emphisis on rigid rules,strict command arrangements and standardized tactics. Coupled with this centralized
approach, the Soviets were suspicious of non- Russians and disliked Arabs. The Iraqi students were taught to take off and land their aircrafts safely, but otherwise their training was so basic, so lacking in advanced tactics, as to be useless. There was however a wild card. Not all Iraqi training came from the Russians.

Iraqi pilots, were trained well by their French and Pakistani instructors. Pakistan has one of the best, most combat ready airforces in the world. They have to; their neighbour to the east is huge, and the two nations, have a long history of hostilities. For Indian war planners, the Pakistan air Force is their worst fear. Pakistani pilots are respected throughout the world, especially the Islamic world, beause they know how to fly and fight

On one or two occasions, I had the oppertunity to talk with Pakistani instructor pilots, who had served in Iraq. These discussions, didn't give me great cause to worry. The Russian domination of training prevented the Pakistanis from having any real influence on the Iraqi aircrew training program.

Still, there had to be a few Iraqi pilots, who had observed and listened to their mentors from France and Pakistan and the useless guidence of their inept leaders. It was those few, I was concerned about - the ones with great situational awareness and good eyesight, who had figured out how to effectively use their aircraft and its weapons to defend their nation."

(General Chuck Horner (retd) and Tom Clancey. General Chuck commanded the US and allied air assets during Desert shield and desert storm, and was responsible for the design and execution of one of the most devestating air campaigns in the history. He also served as Commander 9th Air Force, Commander US Central Command Air Forces, and Commander in chief, SpaceCom. Book: Every Man A Tiger).

TC1 - Copy.jpg

TC2 - Copy.jpg

TC3 - Copy.jpg

TC4 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 47928

PAF Pilots are of very high caliber, commented the Instructor who trained the initial batch of Six PAF pilots on the F-16 Fighting Falcons. According to the author, these comments had even more significance since same USAF Instructor had both American and Israeli Pilots in the course. After nearly Forty Years, this disclosure becomes more apparent as it's said that for nearly four decades, PAF holds the record, as no other Airforce has inducted the F-16s in such a short span of time as did the PAF. While European Air Arms took Four Years and the Israelis completed it in 3.5 Years, the PAF did it in 18 Months. Albeit, this news was carried by few aviation journals at the time however, recently it was confirmed by one of the first 10 pilots who went to US for training (after the first 6, 4 more went who were known as the First 10 Foreign Students). Incredible!!

View attachment 47930
PAF held the record for the quickest IP conversion but IOC still took its normal route when the jets entered the country, lots of fuel leaks and grounding during the first two years. The Israelis were faster in taking the F-16 to war operationally.

View attachment 47928

View attachment 47930
Doesn’t this speaks volumes about the gap between IAF and PAF???
Heights of hypocrisy

PAF held the record for the quickest IP conversion but IOC still took its normal route when the jets entered the country, lots of fuel leaks and grounding during the first two years. The Israelis were faster in taking the F-16 to war operationally.
I think the author is talking about the pioneer pilots (6+4) who were sent to US who completed their training in record time and flew the intial batch into Pakistan.
Also didn't Hamid Qadri scored first PAF F-16 kill as early as in 1986.

I think the author is talking about the pioneer pilots (6+4) who were sent to US who completed their training in record time and flew the intial batch into Pakistan.
Also didn't Hamid Qadri scored first PAF F-16 kill as early as in 1986.
Yes the first 6 are rumoured to have achieved IP quals slightly faster for a foreign customer of the F-16, the remaining 4 were an addition trained on a regular schedule.

View attachment 47928

View attachment 47930
Hi,

I went to school about 10 miles from Hill AFB where some of the pilots trained during that time---.

The israeli pilots and then the korean pilots were not fluent in english---. They had to take ESL courses before the actual training---. That is why it took them longer to learn.

There is no doubt that pak pilots were top notch---but thei linguistic skills made the difference.

And the same is not true when the BLK52 pilots went for the training---less fluent in english---less competent as pilots---. I believe the same comment was made by our distinguished american member Gambit on this forum.

Every Man A Tiger:
"Iraqi pilot training came from three sources: France, Pakistan and the former Soviet Union. Lucky for us, Soviet training proved dominant, with their emphisis on rigid rules,strict command arrangements and standardized tactics. Coupled with this centralized
approach, the Soviets were suspicious of non- Russians and disliked Arabs. The Iraqi students were taught to take off and land their aircrafts safely, but otherwise their training was so basic, so lacking in advanced tactics, as to be useless. There was however a wild card. Not all Iraqi training came from the Russians.

Iraqi pilots, were trained well by their French and Pakistani instructors. Pakistan has one of the best, most combat ready airforces in the world. They have to; their neighbour to the east is huge, and the two nations, have a long history of hostilities. For Indian war planners, the Pakistan air Force is their worst fear. Pakistani pilots are respected throughout the world, especially the Islamic world, beause they know how to fly and fight

On one or two occasions, I had the oppertunity to talk with Pakistani instructor pilots, who had served in Iraq. These discussions, didn't give me great cause to worry. The Russian domination of training prevented the Pakistanis from having any real influence on the Iraqi aircrew training program.

Still, there had to be a few Iraqi pilots, who had observed and listened to their mentors from France and Pakistan and the useless guidence of their inept leaders. It was those few, I was concerned about - the ones with great situational awareness and good eyesight, who had figured out how to effectively use their aircraft and its weapons to defend their nation."

(General Chuck Horner (retd) and Tom Clancey. General Chuck commanded the US and allied air assets during Desert shield and desert storm, and was responsible for the design and execution of one of the most devestating air campaigns in the history. He also served as Commander 9th Air Force, Commander US Central Command Air Forces, and Commander in chief, SpaceCom. Book: Every Man A Tiger).

TC1 - Copy.jpg

TC2 - Copy.jpg

TC3 - Copy.jpg

TC4 - Copy.jpg

Hi,

With their obsolete aircraft---the Iraqi pilots---regardless of their training did not stand any chance against the americans---.

Americans love to praise opponents average performance to make them feel secure and then they fall on them and decimate them to kingdom come---.

So----never believe a word of american praise---be very very cautious of american praise---because now you are in their cross hair---and they are ready to destroy you---.

Those frigging 1 phone call posters---don't even know when they and their families died when the wrath of the american onslaught began---.

Hi,

I went to school about 10 miles from Hill AFB where some of the pilots trained during that time---.

The israeli pilots and then the korean pilots were not fluent in english---. They had to take ESL courses before the actual training---. That is why it took them longer to learn.

There is no doubt that pak pilots were top notch---but thei linguistic skills made the difference.

And the same is not true when the BLK52 pilots went for the training---less fluent in english---less competent as pilots---. I believe the same comment was made by our distinguished american member Gambit on this forum.

Will you say the quality of PAF pilots have went down in recent years?

Hi,

With their obsolete aircraft---the Iraqi pilots---regardless of their training did not stand any chance against the americans---.

Americans love to praise opponents average performance to make them feel secure and then they fall on them and decimate them to kingdom come---.

So----never believe a word of american praise---be very very cautious of american praise---because now you are in their cross hair---and they are ready to destroy you---.

Those frigging 1 phone call posters---don't even know when they and their families died when the wrath of the american onslaught began---.
Very well said !

Hi,

The Pak Block 52+ initial cadre were praised compared to the other Arab and NATO F-16 partners in terms of flying and tactics, the 162nd FW IPs felt more relaxed around them. The Paks were averaging between 500-2000 hours on F-16s with some who had flown the C/D operationally in Turkey. The initial cadre of Pak F-16 A/B were better as instructors, the initial Pak F-16 C/D pilots were better as operational fighter pilots.

A few years later at Nellis AFB, they (USAF and US Army) liked at how the Paks would critique sorties at Green Flag like the Israelis, unlike some of the other visiting countries.

PAF Viper drivers are not Godly great, but neither are they mediocre. Above average according to one of my former eval pilots, but the T-38 (PAF) students they mentioned were subpar.

The Pak Block 52+ initial cadre were praised compared to the other Arab and NATO F-16 partners in terms of flying and tactics, the 162nd FW IPs felt more relaxed around them. The Paks were averaging between 500-2000 hours on F-16s with some who had flown the C/D operationally in Turkey. The initial cadre of Pak F-16 A/B were better as instructors, the initial Pak F-16 C/D pilots were better as operational fighter pilots.

A few years later at Nellis AFB, they (USAF and US Army) liked at how the Paks would critique sorties at Green Flag like the Israelis, unlike some of the other visiting countries.

PAF Viper drivers are not Godly great, but neither are they mediocre. Above average according to one of my former eval pilots, but the T-38 (PAF) students they mentioned were subpar.
Hi,

Know yourself---know your equipment---know what it is designed to---then mold yourself and your machine to meet & exceed your operational needs.

On that part---I can say that the Paf has done extremely well with the resources they have---.

Hi,

Pakistani pilots are very well educated and can speak fluent English. It helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back