Pakistan General Elections 2024

ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has released official results of almost 38 national and provincial assemblies’ seats, with Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leading so far in NA constituencies.

Results pour in as PML-N bags four NA seats after independents’ early triumph​

Web Desk
ByWeb Desk
| February 9, 2024

General Elections 2024February 8, 2024

🔴Pakistan General Elections 2024 Live Results and Updates

General Elections 2024February 8, 2024

Nation keyed up for all-important elections

General Elections 2024February 7, 2024

New govt will have to pursue another IMF programme: Shehbaz Sharif

Web Desk
Web Desk
News Stories Posted by ARY News Digital Team

ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has released official results of almost 38 national and provincial assemblies’ seats, with Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leading so far in NA constituencies.
According to the officials results announced by the electoral watchdog, PML-N managed to clinch four NA seats, followed by PTI-backed independents three NA seats.
Meanwhile, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has so far secured two national assembly seats.

National Assembly seats:
NA-55 Rawalpindi IV: PML-N’s Ibrar Ahmad declared winner, followed by independent Muhammad Basharat Raja with 57,101 votes.
NA-58 Chakwal I: Tahir Iqbal of PML-N secured the seat with 115,974 votes, followed by independent candidate Ayaz Amir with 102,537 votes.
NA-123 Lahore VII: Shehbaz Sharif has been declared winner who secured 63,953 votes, followed by independent candidate Afzal Azeem Pahat with 48,486 votes.
NA-59 Talagang cum Chakwal: Sardar Ghulam Abbas of PML-N successfully won the seat by securing 141,680 votes.
NA-17 Abbottabad II: Independent candidate Ali Khan Jadoon has been declared winner by securing 97,177 votes.
NA-3 Swat II: Independent candidate Salim Rehman secured landslide victory with 81,411 votes, followed by Wajid Ali Khan of PML-N with 27,861 votes.
NA-30 Peshawar-III: Independent candidate Shandana Gulzar Khan won the National Assembly election by securing 78,971 votes.
NA-199 Ghotki II: PPP’s Ali Gohar Khan Mahar managed to secure victory with 154,832 votes, followed by Abdul Qayyum of JUI-P 40,204 votes.
NA-216 Matiari: PPP’s Makhdoom Jamil uz Zaman won the election for National Assembly constituency by securing 124,536 votes.
A daylong polling process concluded on Thursday for the General Election 2024 overall in a peaceful manner, with active participation from all age group voters who came out in droves to elect candidates of their choice.
Read More: Shehbaz Sharif bags Lahore’s NA-123, PP-158 seats
The polling started simultaneously across the country at 8 am and continued till 5 pm without any break to provide maximum time to citizens to exercise their right to vote enshrined in the constitution.
Read More: Pakistan General Elections 2024 Live Results and Updates
The voters present in the premises of the polling stations at the poll-ending time were allowed to cast their votes, said a spokesperson for the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).
According to the ECP, over 128 million registered voters were scheduled to exercise their democratic right by casting votes for candidates participating in elections for the national and provincial legislatures.
The polling was held for 265 seats of the National Assembly and 590 seats of provincial assemblies. The voting took place on 51 seats of the Balochistan Assembly, 128 out of 130 seats of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly, 296 out of 297 seats of the Punjab Assembly and 130 seats of the Sindh Assembly.
The polling was held in 855 constituencies out of 859 however due to the death of the candidate, voting will not be held in NA 8, PP 266, PK 22 and PK 91.

Fair to say that PTI has got majority but rigging will make sure PMLN achieves that.

Not sure if the people ruling Pakistan understand if that will help bring stability or the opposite.
Bohat vote pia Khan nu

Irfan Manan here in Faisalabad was a very strong candidate of PML-N
While his opponent Rana Atif(relatively a new candidate) was not allowed to even visit people of his Halka

Te hun Rana Atif jet gia je ovi 40,000+ votes nal

Fair to say that PTI has got majority but rigging will make sure PMLN achieves that.

Not sure if the people ruling Pakistan understand if that will help bring stability or the opposite.
There wasn't going to be any stability even if PTI comes into power. The power struggle between PTI and the establishment would run the country to the ground. We are already on fire but PTI and military will both crash us.

Even now PTI is basically challenging the status quo and flexing muscle power. We are on the verge of an another may 9 and this time fauj wouldn't be that nice or forgiving. People want chaos. PTI didn't learn a thing or two. Pakistan can't survive without the fauj but also can't leave it grasp of power. There needs to be a system where everyone can co exist but i don't see that.

Anyways L ouvre lagnay walay hain bhai. Let us just breathe for once, bas hogai hai.

Internet band, now all the media news channels band karnay ka waqt aa gaya.

1707448804289.png

mysterious delay is announcing results is indicating that, zimadar idaray are bhonchakkay and confused, what to do now, ........waday kaisay puray karain......dhandli buhut mushkil ho gai hai....

waiting for some intelligent hazraat to come up with a soloution.

There wasn't going to be any stability even if PTI comes into power. The power struggle between PTI and the establishment would run the country to the ground. We are already on fire but PTI and military will both crash us.

Even now PTI is basically challenging the status quo and flexing muscle power. We are on the verge of an another may 9 and this time fauj wouldn't be that nice or forgiving. People want chaos. PTI didn't learn a thing or two. Pakistan can't survive without the fauj but also can't leave it grasp of power. There needs to be a system where everyone can co exist but i don't see that.

Anyways L ouvre lagnay walay hain bhai. Let us just breathe for once, bas hogai hai.

Unless there was a devious plan to bring Imran back to power, what you say is the likely outcome; I am hoping for the former. Imran was allowed more than a year after his ouster in April 2022 to destroy the Establishment aggressively and openly--no Pakistani leader-not even ZAB had that privilege. That was never allowed to anyone and indeed that timeframe, combined with the inapt 'coalition government', revitalized Imran Khan--otherwise, Imran was discredited enough by early April 2022 to even call the Early Elections.

Look: We can all get excited about our favorites. I have no favorites except the state of Pakistan and if I see Imran bringing stability then I'd most certainly welcome that. But unless he comes back to power with a solid majority AND has the backing of the Establishment, we are looking at the same disillusionment among people against Imran Khan as we saw leading to the NCM in April 2022. Rinse and repeat. Definition of Madness, per Einstein--expecting different results while doing the same thing.

Path forward is to create a Govt. of National Consensus for the next 10-15 years in which set the economy on a solid growth path, remove or lessen the dependence on the American led World Order which can be used to blackmail Pakistan, remove terrorism, educate the masses, and formulate policies which would continue after the Consensus govt ends.

Unless there was a devious plan to bring Imran back to power, what you say is the likely outcome; I am hoping for the former. Imran was allowed more than a year after his ouster in April 2022 to destroy the Establishment aggressively and openly--no Pakistani leader-not even ZAB had that privilege. That was never allowed to anyone and indeed that timeframe, combined with the inapt 'coalition government', revitalized Imran Khan--otherwise, Imran was discredited enough by early April 2022 to even call the Early Elections.

Look: We can all get excited about our favorites. I have no favorites except the state of Pakistan and if I see Imran bringing stability then I'd most certainly welcome that. But unless he comes back to power with a solid majority AND has the backing of the Establishment, we are looking at the same disillusionment among people against Imran Khan as we saw leading to the NCM in April 2022. Rinse and repeat. Definition of Madness, per Einstein--expecting different results while doing the same thing.

Path forward is to create a Govt. of National Consensus for the next 10-15 years in which set the economy on a solid growth path, remove or lessen the dependence on the American led World Order which can be used to blackmail Pakistan, remove terrorism, educate the masses, and formulate policies which would continue after the Consensus govt ends.
If PTI wins (and its winning unless Establishment carries out some historic dhandli)
Hopefully it will come up with solid plan to control Army.
Putting Army back to Barracks is the only long term and acceptable solution forward

This whole non sense has got very easy solution. These few generals who can be counted on fingers need to be skinned alive. Bob is your uncle. Even the "institution" will breath easy afterwards.

This must be done now. There was a reason why Roman legion was not allowed to enter Rome, and Rome built an empire.

Doesn't matter, sepoys have been around and in power through their colonial masters or directly for 270 years. They are not going away anytime soon as the qom continues to be dead sheep.

Lets give the quom its credit for coming out yesterday. Obviously the Sepoys go to new Beghairatis every other week.

The Sepoys are going down. Its a slow process but the ball has started rolling.

Unfortunately they are hell bent on taking the state of Pakistan down with them.

The people living in the territories of present day Pakistan have a bright future. Unsure if the state of Pakistan will be around by then.

what is the gaurantee that these independent candidates will not support PML-N after elections ?
what does rule say ? since they dont belong to PTI, they can support anyone.

Exactly.

But Imran khan isn't the type of personality who gets well with others. He's a populist and right winger. Only if he was a politician and listened to everybody around him and brought everyone together to take the country forward he would have been in the league with the likes of jinnah and others, but he didn't. I would say this he has a talent to unite to both the right wing and liberal but he didn't use it.

People forget that imran khan was brought in power by the military so that he could take pakistan forward. The intention within the military was always right and they supported him more than anyone in Pakistan's history. But he axed himself when he didn't listen to anyone and his arrogance fuked everything up. Military gave him alot of chances but he never listened, best example of this was buzdar. They propped him up so much but he could hardly deliver and hasn't learned from his mistakes.

Lets see what happens next.

Lets hope you’re right. History, shows otherwise - ground realities show otherwise. People no longer invest their future in Pakistan
I hear you but I don’t think any one predicted people will vote in such large numbers.

We as a nation are taking baby steps and as Muslim we can never lose hope .

If Nawaz made few generals his ally - I am sure there are plenty silent men in army that have loyalty towards Khan and are waiting their turn to roar just like people of Pakistan did.

Remember, they are called "Independent" not "PTI" for a reason... just watch ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back