Report Attaullah Tarar's Transnational repression to FBI: (8 steps to report). Pakistani American doctors

US Senators mostly look after the foreign policy of the US.

If these American Pakistanis can meet them, in person, specially the members of the senate foreign relations committe, by taking an appointment, which is a simple and easy process, then wonders would happen.

The sooner Pakistanis living Aborad realise that the change within pakistan can only happen from the outside pressure, because of various reasons including the asset base and future commitments of settling in a western country, the better.

Change in next to impossible from within pakistan, because the opposition has a gun and can use violent force and even take a life, without any repercussions.

Only pressure from the IMF, which is controlled by the western countries, enabled financial reforms to take place, but still exemptions have been given to the servants of the people, which needs to be taken away ASAP.

Good initiative.

Been saying it for long, unless and until these rats within GHQ and the minions in Pakistani society do not feel threatened personally, nothing will change. These hadharams are not born with ability to listen to logic and differentiate between right and wrong, only danda will do.

Pakistani army generals have more cards to play than wealthy Pakistani Americans

Pakistani army generals have more cards to play than wealthy Pakistani Americans

Yes and no—it's a double-edged sword. On one hand, there's an increase in funds flowing into the country from remittances due to inflation, which is providing financial support for struggling families. We've been able to assist several outsider families who lost their main earners due to COVID within the locality in Gujranwala and Sahiwal. However, the real issue is that the real estate sector, which received a significant boost from remittances, is now experiencing a downturn. Instead of being invested in real estate, funds are mostly being kept in banks or used to purchase CDs to earn interest income.

Despite their card-holding advantages, they have ultimately lost in the long term. A branch of my family is involved in real estate development, and for over two years, they have been holding onto undeveloped land, resulting in financial losses due to the rapid depreciation of the foreign exchange rate. My family personally has lost 40% of our wealth if we convert to dollars we sent over the last several years.

Yes and no—it's a double-edged sword. On one hand, there's an increase in funds flowing into the country from remittances due to inflation, which is providing financial support for struggling families. We've been able to assist several outsider families who lost their main earners due to COVID within the locality in Gujranwala and Sahiwal. However, the real issue is that the real estate sector, which received a significant boost from remittances, is now experiencing a downturn. Instead of being invested in real estate, funds are mostly being kept in banks or used to purchase CDs to earn interest income.

Despite their card-holding advantages, they have ultimately lost in the long term. A branch of my family is involved in real estate development, and for over two years, they have been holding onto undeveloped land, resulting in financial losses due to the rapid depreciation of the foreign exchange rate. My family personally has lost 40% of our wealth if we convert to dollars we sent over the last several years.

The real estate investments are crazy. They are doing more damage to Pakistan than benefit in the long run. The loss of money due to currency depreciation is called foreign currency risk

The real estate investments are crazy. They are doing more damage to Pakistan than benefit in the long run. The loss of money due to currency depreciation is called foreign currency risk

I agree; I'm not big on real estate per se and prefer diversification of assets. All real estate does is preserve wealth but doesn't build wealth as industries and other small businesses do, which generate activity stimulating the local, regional, or national economy. ** Building wealth through real estate and being the next billionaire isn't the same as continuously generating wealth through industry output, which has a much more significant impact on GDP. The government earns the most through real estate taxes, a significantly small portion of the national budget. However, no questions are being asked if real estate is a proper wealth-preserving means, which to most isn't, as the last few shocks have shown. This is why I find fault in Dubai real estate; several years back, when there was a shock, they suffered and did a mini-QE that went into maintaining property assets.

The Saudis are on the brink of a realization, but MBS's ego will not let him see otherwise. Projects like NEOM, which are predominantly real estate-focused and contribute minimally to the national GDP long-run, might have issues that could lead to a more profound economic crisis. The future might shift towards a consumption-based economy driven by the need to sustain a particular lifestyle, resulting in a mounting debt.

Last edited:
I agree; I'm not big on real estate per se and prefer diversification of assets. All real estate does is preserve wealth but doesn't build wealth as industries and other small businesses do

it is easy to preserve wealth in the US. I believe investment in Pakistan is driven by greed or need for social status. A million dollar palace is easier to show off than a Fidelity brokerage account

it is easy to preserve wealth in the US. I believe investment in Pakistan is driven by greed or need for social status. A million dollar palace is easier to show off than a Fidelity brokerage account

It will preserve wealth, but upkeeping the property taxes, utilities, etc., doesn't make it a good preserver of wealth for a small-time investor unless you're talking about in the millions with mixed unit assets, etc. It's more about the competence to do something different and the lack of ability to recruit those who can cover one's shortcomings.

Pak army if you're reading this: you're a professional wh*re.
Block my Passport now 🙏

The sooner Pakistanis living Aborad realise that the change within pakistan can only happen from the outside pressure, because of various reasons including the asset base and future commitments of settling in a western country, the better.

The only thing that matters are foreign remittances, and nothing else, as far as overseas Pakistanis' importance and influence are concerned. Expecting outside pressure to force any meaningful changes is wishful thinking. Change within Pakistan can only come from within, and it cannot be enforced from the outside.

The sooner people realize that, the better it will be, because people abroad must understand that a majority of Pakistanis actually accept the way things are done and are going in Pakistan.

That is the blunt truth, like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back