Right to low salary (low paying) jobs

Bagheera0084

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Due to some reasons some people are unable to work with speed and efficiency. It is impossible for them to do the amount of work that normal people do in stipulated time. They take whole day to complete what others do in two hours.

It's NOT about IQ because clerical and manual setup tasks don't require high IQ. And above type people get selected for the job because at the time of interview only mental abilities are evaluated and OTHER ATTRIBUTES that are crucial for speed and efficiency are not even thought of.

Of course, in usual circumstances such people are fired. How are such people supposed to survive? The scenario is either moderate/high salary or no salary at all.

People like me yearn for low salary but a secure job. We give our 100% and also a bit extra time. But our output is only a small fraction of the average. So why not give us a small fraction of the average salary? We crave for low pay. When there was an unannounced increment, I was annoyed and it made me uneasy. Because increment means there would be more taunts of not doing work and yet taking salary. When I expressed my unhappiness over the unasked increment, the boss forbid me from telling this to management because doing so may affect other's salaries.

So what jobs fulfill this neuropsychiatric need of paltry salary from light work for well-educated? Or are such jobs yet to be invented? And given the rampant unemployment in the country, how to prevent the mentally healthy people from grabbing such jobs?

By the way, how do mentally retarded pull through life? What professions do they take up?

CLARIFICATION: The thread is NOT about IQ. This is about vigilance required to do clerical, data entry and manual setup tasks with speed and without errors and hence the demand for peanut salary jobs.

Our Asian countries need a system like Norway.

The cleaner will share the table of CEO and nobody will think of one is superior than the other.

The way they pay salary is very interesting.

Lowly skilled jobs are paid about £40,000 to £50,000 but then the highly skilled jobs might be getting £60,000 or go up to 100k at some instances.

The bottom line is, an average worker will be earning about 80% to 90% of the income compared to the boss.

Unfortunately we pay 5% to lowly skilled workers in our subcontinent and they work really hard and long hours, then we treat them disrespectfully and on many occasions never speak to them and the key people of management earns 2000x more by doing nothing.

The cleaner will share the table of CEO and nobody will think of one is superior than the other.

Lowly skilled jobs are paid about £40,000 to £50,000 but then the highly skilled jobs might be getting £60,000 or go up to 100k at some instances.

The bottom line is, an average worker will be earning about 80% to 90% of the income compared to the boss.

Unfortunately we pay 5% to lowly skilled workers in our subcontinent and they work really hard and long hours, then we treat them disrespectfully and on many occasions never speak to them and the key people of management earns 2000x more by doing nothing.

Countries like Norway are some of the most humane and caring on Earth.

In the UK, the minimum wage has gone a long way to raise the salary of the lowest workers but there is too much snobbery against people that do work such as cleaners.

I once listened with sadness and some anger to a school cleaner who was disrespected by schoolchildren due to the fact she was “only a cleaner”. They learnt this behaviour from society and their family. Truly sad.

This is off-topic. Read again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back