Turkish Defence R&D projects

Oublious

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
They have announced 14 new projects but i will explain 2 most critical.

1. Metal Matris Kompozit Malzemeler için Lazer Metal Toz Ergitme Prosesinin Geliştirilmesi (AMETİST) Projes
  2. Yüksek Sıcaklık Ötektik Oksit Seramik Matris Kompozitlerin Geliştirilmesi (ÖTEKTİK) Projesi

First is Development of ceramic matrix composite what will used in Turbine, second one is Process development project for additive manufacturing. The aim is developing material and manufacturing proces what will be stronger then single crystal blade what is used in jet engines.

Turning to a critical threshold in the national chip
The national microcontroller chip ÇENTİK, which is designed and produced to control electronic devices, is starting to be produced and put into use in high quantities at home and abroad.

National chip for white goods
Having reached an agreement with one of the leading companies in the white goods sector in Turkey, YONGATEK will replace the foreign product used in washing machines, dishwashers and refrigerators with NOTCH.

This type of chip, which is relatively cheaper and simpler, and preferred in white goods and robotic applications, is consumed in high quantities.

YONGATEK will deliver approximately 25 million notches per year within the scope of the agreement with the white goods manufacturer. In line with the agreement of the two Turkish companies, these figures will be reached for the first time in national chip design and production.

Another milestone for the Turkish industry, the philosophy to solve problems is very smart. What are we good with making and what can we make. They are going to start produce chips in 2025. It is not high tech and we will begin 10 years behind with 65nm.

@MMM-E

Hey I remember Turkey was importing steel from Finland at one time for Armored vehicles, I remember it got embargoed and then it was lifted, did they ever manage to indigenize the steel production for the steel imports for armored vehicles and other defense products? I know recently they said something about Submarine steel was wondering what the situation was like overall.

They have announced 14 new projects but i will explain 2 most critical.

1. Metal Matris Kompozit Malzemeler için Lazer Metal Toz Ergitme Prosesinin Geliştirilmesi (AMETİST) Projes
  2. Yüksek Sıcaklık Ötektik Oksit Seramik Matris Kompozitlerin Geliştirilmesi (ÖTEKTİK) Projesi

First is Development of ceramic matrix composite what will used in Turbine, second one is Process development project for additive manufacturing. The aim is developing material and manufacturing proces what will be stronger then single crystal blade what is used in jet engines.

It's nice to see a new Turkish Thread of this kind which is started by an Turkish other than MMM-E and not seeing same posts again and again. (y)

Just one suggestion, please keep English as thread language.

@MMM-E

Hey I remember Turkey was importing steel from Finland at one time for Armored vehicles, I remember it got embargoed and then it was lifted, did they ever manage to indigenize the steel production for the steel imports for armored vehicles and other defense products? I know recently they said something about Submarine steel was wondering what the situation was like overall.

That company including its critical knowhow has been bought by OYAK. It's Turkish now.

@MMM-E

We bought Finnish company MIILUX
MIILUX ensures the manufacturing of heat-treated steels in Turkiye, thus significantly reducing the foreign dependency caused by the supply shortage

MIILUX-OY produce armor steels for Armored Vehicles even for Submarines in Turkiye
1719360956581.jpeg
1719361108241.jpeg
1719361978814.jpeg

That company including its critical knowhow has been bought by OYAK. It's Turkish now.

So the production itself is in Turkey right? and the intellectual property and tech has been transferred to Turkey?

Just want to make sure in the event of embargo, production capacity is not lost and foreign dependence is eliminated.

So the production itself is in Turkey right? and the intellectual property and tech has been transferred to Turkey?

Just want to make sure in the event of embargo, production capacity is not lost and foreign dependence is eliminated.

The company established a factory in Manisa. Production takes place in both Türkiye and Finland. Turkish investors tend to keep their facilities operational in the EU as these plants cater to the demands of their European clientele, thereby circumventing extra taxes, duties and so on.

Occasionally, even individuals passionate about defense fail to notice captivating news. For instance, a German company was acquired by Nurol Holding/Koç a mere 9 months ago, yet this development went unnoticed by many.

Industriekeramik Hochrhein
Since 1995, the IKH and its team of highly qualified material and production engineers are proud to develop and produce innovative ceramic powders. With our two modern production plants for fine and ultra-fine oxide and non-oxide ceramic powders we are in position to provide you – very flexibly and fast – with specific powders meeting your individual demands and specifications. Our manufacturing plant in Wutöschingen, close to Waldshut near the Swiss border, produces: Ceramic-oxide fine powders and plasma spray powders submicron SiC-qualities for sintering. For thermal spray applications we have created a great variety of plasma spray powders made of composite materials for your particular applications.

I quote their website:

Armor Defense Ballistic Industry

For the materials for armouring properties such as strength, stiffness, weight [Gur19] and thermal insulation capacity [Röc17] are in the center. For this reason, the strengths of fiber composites and laminate materials are used in this area [Gur19]. In addition, smooth surfaces are particularly important because they significantly affect the behavior of cracks [Thy08].

They produce ceramic powders for defense, space and the aviation industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back