US, Saudis close to deal on defense pact, White House says

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Azerbaijan cooperates with Israel. USA , Europe, Iran are from day one against Azerbaijan. Russia more or less the same.
Azerbaijan took back it's territory and avenged the crimes commited against their people. Azerbaijan didn't and still doesn't have much options.
Azerbaijan put their finger up the French asses in New Caledonia. Azerbaijan annoys Iran, the country because of which Arab countries run to USA, China, India, Russia, EU for help despite 75bn????
Yet Pakistan needs to be greatful to them? For what? For Wahabite terrorism???
This is my problem, do whatever you like but don't act big . I know what a sissy you are, it is easily concluded.
So don't call them ( Arabs) slaves and get personal, it is enough to point out the obvious realities
So have a great time with f 35s and nuclear reactors , enjoy the shopping etc but just shut the f up.
I think that is a fair proposition

Calling GCC as vassals is not getting personal.

It is the governments that have a slave mentality and not Arabs.

There is no doubt that KSA has no confidence in its ability to defend itself from either internal or external threats and so is looking for "security guarantees" from the US.

lightning f57

Feb 27, 2022
The agreements with the US are on civil nuclear energy and security and defense cooperation..
Not trying to play the China drum here, but they can also offer the same with less strings attached and will be a more reliable partner long term. Add to the fact geographically China is closer and has historical silk route ties. We know the US is trying to isolate China and that strategy will likely be part of any talks on future defence pacts.

Mehmed Bey

Mar 4, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Calling GCC as vassals is not getting personal.

It is the governments that have a slave mentality and not Arabs.

There is no doubt that KSA has no confidence in its ability to defend itself from either internal or external threats and so is looking for "security guarantees" from the US.
As far as I know that Hadith which describes that the rulers are the mirror of the people is Mutawatir
What I am trying to say here, why be emotional about something which is known for decades?
King Feisal Rahimullahi was the only decent thing about all that.
I passed the stage when I was surprised by them or angry, some time in mid 90s.
I remember even this Saudi who writes here, was giving to all none Arab Muslims 2 fingers on this forum when Saudis signed all those agreements with Trump.
It was in the style " No such thing as free lunch " " No more freebies " etc but when the things turned sour , he was kinda brother again. Soon , it will be again " No free lunch " and " We are the noblest people " .
Just like women, so abusing them is like wife beating, not cool.
Just ignore them and let the gullible people listen to their nonsense.
My way is better, all these insults without the profanities and what possibly they can say?
Am I inventing something here????
This girl left with old/ new boyfriend, the relationship was on the rocks for a long time so sayonara and f off.

SaadH

Apr 21, 2021
From my sources, it's in the works; give it time, and you'll see the tone change overnight from within Pakistan.
Jamedars of the Hijrra force are already running over people protesting Israeli genocide.

SaadH

Apr 21, 2021
Courtesy of uncle sam pressuring Pakistan to withdraw from Kargil, and designating Kashmiri militant groups as terrorists, while turning a blind eye to Indian operations in undisputed territory of Pakistan.

Essentially, Uncle Sam (Tel Aviv) has stated that Pakistanis are lesser humans and deserve to die.

And khusra Pakistani govt is accepting this status quo. In return, Pakistanis rebel against this decision and join Islamist groups like ISIS-K and TTP which promise an ounce of dignity to their subjects.

Pakistan is descending to Weimar republic conditions. What remains to be seen is whether TTP or TLP will seize power as a result.
Correction, courtesy only of Hijrra force...otherwise give that ganja Nawaz credit for nuclear explosions as well..

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think the actual "security guarantees" are pretty useless as the US has no real ability or will to protect Saudi Arabia from any large attack by another regional country like Iran.

What would be interesting would be if they finally release the F-35 and that may be because as otherwise KSA would just jump in and buy the superior Chinese J-31 instead.

Not sure what real benefits KSA actually gets as the US nuclear technology is not likely to be cheap and it would be dependent on US for decades to come.

Ability to continue the monarchy. Saudi monarchy survives under the protection and patronage of the US. Trump made it very clear and in brutish language, not that it wasn't known before.

Last edited:

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Ability to continue the monarchy. Saudi monarchy survives under the protection and patronage of the US. Trump made it very clear and in brutish language, not that it wasn't known before.

I have little faith that past this decade US will be able to guaranteed any ruling regimes continued rule half way round the world

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have little faith that past this decade US will be able to guaranteed any ruling regimes continued rule half way round the world

That might be a possibility but not guaranteed, the US might be able to run longer than many of us are thinking and there are good reasons for that.

Whether the US can or not, the Saudi monarchs think they are safer with the US. It could be miscalculation on their part, could be correct calculation or maybe because they always relied on the US and don't know any better. We probably won't know what it is.

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Saudi Arabia is looking out for the interests of its citizens and ensuring their safety, security and prosperity. That is the duty of all leadership and his highness MBS has proven to have lived up to that responsibility. Something no other state from which all the critics owe their origin to can claim.

Saudi Arabia is looking out for the interest of the survival of the dynasty.

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Kashmir cause is dead and buried. Eventually Pakistan will have to beg to keep what it has for now. As the economic squeeze comes on the settlement of the issue may even have Pakistan ceding territory currently not even disputed.

This is too much doom and gloom. Pakistan is in bad economic situation but not so bad that it will have to cede territory. Even an economy like orth Korea won't have to willingly cede territory.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Why do otherwise intelligent posters not see that nearly all ME Arab regimes place their continued rule over the welfare and needs of their people?

The people would have peace and prosperity(GCC) whoever was in charge as they have so much oil and gas wealth to tap.

None of these states would survive for 2 weeks without US patronage as Trump once publicly said.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This is too much doom and gloom. Pakistan is in bad economic situation but not so bad that it will have to cede territory. Even an economy like orth Korea won't have to willingly cede territory.

I made the observation here that due to China, Pakistan would gain local conventional superiority over India over the next 5-10 years.

India will never be a really powerful state like China.

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I made the observation here that due to China, Pakistan would gain local conventional superiority over India over the next 5-10 years.

India will never be a really powerful state like China.

Indian may be, although I don't think they can't grow as fast as China. With US/EU near shoring and friend shoring policies, lot of investments are coming at a faster rate which otherwise wouldn't have come.

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Why do otherwise intelligent posters not see that nearly all ME Arab regimes place their continued rule over the welfare and needs of their people?

The people would have peace and prosperity(GCC) whoever was in charge as they have so much oil and gas wealth to tap.

None of these states would survive for 2 weeks without US patronage as Trump once publicly said.

It's not a flaw of Arab states per se, it's a flaw of monarchy.

The primary interest of a monarch, even a very good amd benevolent monarch is to preserve his monarchy. Everything else is secondary. This is why a properly implemented democracy is such a superior system.

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If the citizens are being brought up, educated, made to spend more in country and becoming productive members of society… what’s wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread