All things SpaceX - Updates and Discussion

Interestingly, mini-Starlink equipment is available at the Home Depot near me.

Now it has me thinking with the new house build and all that.

I've a friend who lives near Eager, AZ. You can look it up and see how remote it is. He's even more remote than that. Starlink is the only way he can access the Internet.
 
Interestingly, mini-Starlink equipment is available at the Home Depot near me.

Now it has me thinking with the new house build and all that.

I've a friend who lives near Eager, AZ. You can look it up and see how remote it is. He's even more remote than that. Starlink is the only way he can access the Internet.


Even people with broadband find they only have one provider and are at the mercy of their speeds. Here is the EV news guy in Australia.



All you have to keep in mind is that TREES are brutal. But if you are in a clear area you shouldn't have any issues.

I have fiber optic so I'm fine.
 
Some serious drama this morning. RVAC engine went out on ship on ascent. They were 50/50 on orbital insertion. They decided to go ahead on insertion and ship is now IN ORBIT for the first time ever. Major milestone!

Booster performed fairly well. One engine out on ascent, 2 out on boostback, but looked like it performed a successful soft splashdown in the Gulf.
 
Starship has officially become an operational launch vehicle. 5-10 years ago members here said this day would never come. Time to move the goalposts again
 
Starship has officially become an operational launch vehicle. 5-10 years ago members here said this day would never come. Time to move the goalposts again
Do we get a guess who those members were?

I don't understand why people have to question the US abilities when it comes to space. Even today, 57 years after the fact, there is a group out there, claiming the moon landings were faked. And that includes people here.

I am one of a handful here who actually watched the landing on TV.
 
Do we get a guess who those members were?

I don't understand why people have to question the US abilities when it comes to space. Even today, 57 years after the fact, there is a group out there, claiming the moon landings were faked. And that includes people here.

I am one of a handful here who actually watched the landing on TV.

A number of Chinese, some who have left and one well known one still active. And of course some others as well. Rough day for them.

Next goalpost will be it will never make it to the Moon.
 
And, once that is done, and we once again fake the moon landings, it will be "won't make it to Mars".
 


Successful reentry and splashdown for Starship
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Country Watch Latest

    Back
    Top