Old Man's Corners

I am convinced there is a group out there whose sole job is to make plumbing a challenge for the home owner.

Recently, the one faucet in the vanity of the master bathroom froze shut. Not sure why, just froze up and the water wouldn't flow. So my wife starts to use the sink on my side.

Off to HD to get 3 new faucets. Why 3? The plan is to put this house on the market sometime next spring and we want all the fixtures to look the same. Makes sense.

Ok, so I'm 6'3" and weigh in at just under 215. In order to reach the lock nuts, hose connections, etc., not only do you need to be a contortionist, your tools have to be half-size. Just finished up the 2nd faucet, checked for leaks. All looks good. About to put everything back under the sink.

Now, do I want to do the 3rd one today or wait until tomorrow. May as well do it now.
Lindsay Clancy's hearing ended with no new trial date for the murders of her three children. Another hearing is set for November: https://cbsn.ws/4ADIdUJ
 
Looks like we may be done with the rains. For now. Need to check the weather later for status on Polo and where it is at. Last I heard it would pass well south of AZ and go up into NM, TX, and Davey-land.
 
I am convinced there is a group out there whose sole job is to make plumbing a challenge for the home owner.

Recently, the one faucet in the vanity of the master bathroom froze shut. Not sure why, just froze up and the water wouldn't flow. So my wife starts to use the sink on my side.

Off to HD to get 3 new faucets. Why 3? The plan is to put this house on the market sometime next spring and we want all the fixtures to look the same. Makes sense.

Ok, so I'm 6'3" and weigh in at just under 215. In order to reach the lock nuts, hose connections, etc., not only do you need to be a contortionist, your tools have to be half-size. Just finished up the 2nd faucet, checked for leaks. All looks good. About to put everything back under the sink.

Now, do I want to do the 3rd one today or wait until tomorrow. May as well do it now.

Been there. You are correct. They are like engine designers who put some screwhead facing the engine block so you have to remove the engine to get some part out.

While you are under there I'd recommend getting rid of these stupid silver oval things:



These should be banned. They are so annoying. They seize up all the time and when you try and twist them to "un-seize" them they start leaking. The company that built my house put them at the very bottom of my vanities so it is impossible to pull them out without damaging things.

Replace with a ball valve like this...proPress even better..and make sure it is well above the floor. I had these put in under my kitchen sink
propress.png







In other plumbing news I recently replaced 2 Symmons shower dials..the entire units...as in all the pieces because i wasn't going to rip that @#$%^ apart ever again.

parts.png

yay! Could there be more little pieces to contribute to failure points?
Then people wonder why @#$% leaks....


So let's talk about how the electrical code must have been designed by some guy in the 1700's who realized two wires could do something cool.

At least we now have WAGO to easy the pain a bit
wago.png

plus they have built it into electrical outlets and switches

Electricians Are Furious Over These Game-Changing DIY Outlets!​

 
Last edited:
Looks like we may be done with the rains. For now. Need to check the weather later for status on Polo and where it is at. Last I heard it would pass well south of AZ and go up into NM, TX, and Davey-land.
Don't be greedy give us some of this rain of yours it's the social justice thing to do. 🧐
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top