Old Man's Corners

Actually airports in the far east are amazing.
Bangkok
Singapore
Hong-Kong

Major airports in America feel like a very stressful experience since 9/11: War zones. Add to that, the 'Usual Suspects' and their dramas. Now that the Spirit Airlines is out of business, they are onto other airlines--and making Carnival as Ghetto Cruise line.

PS. I meant to post something here from memories of long time ago--but I forgot and the forgetfulness fits this thread, actually!
 
Chicago Midway airport 40 years ago was my last flight destination.

That was enough for me. From then on it's been road trips.

1791552127113.png
 
Last edited:
Chicago Midway airport 40 years ago was my last flight destination.
That was enough for me. From then on it's been road trips.

I have yet to remember any good experience through Ohare Airport. Once, wife and I were going to Pakistan via Ohare. We had allowed about 55 minutes (something like that). But the darn plane from South Carolina taxied and taxied before we could disembark. We rushed out the plane's door, maybe forcing others out of our way while deplaning and literally ran and ran toward our departure gate to catch the flight to Pakistan (via some Middle Eastern country). That was in 2005 and the 9/11 happened not long ago. The airport's PA system was announcing our names to come to the gate. I run fast and so I did but poor wife is shorter and not as brisk, so every 30 seconds, I stopped for her to catch up; we had sizable carryon bags. It was so stressful as everyone in the airport were looking at us--this immigrant guy running like a maniac; is he okay?!

The departure gate was about to close, the lady there knew our flight had arrived late and let us in quickly. Inside, we saw all the passengers glaring at us for making the departure late. I said out loudly: Our flight arrived late! We settled into our seats, breathless and hearts pounding.

A recent experience, which was the end of my marathon train trip--barely a 5 weeks ago--from Vancouver to South Carolina via Ohare was not much better at Ohare: Late arrival due to taxying forever and rude, soulless busy airport and my mad rush again to catch the connecting flight. Oh, the Chicago Amtrak station was not good experience either.

Chicago just sucks! Sorry if it hurts anyone's feelings here!
 
wow...so much for retiring to sunny and happy Fiji!!








Also...



fijiWater.png
hahahaha!!!!!


fijiwater2.png
He paid the extra for it anyway :ROFLMAO:

Gasoline $5.30 per U.S. gallon
gasoline.png
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top