RIP NFL Legend Mike Ditka

Aside from Michael Jordan, Mike Ditka was the GOAT in Chicago
During the 80s I only knew of two NFL coaches Air Coryell and Mike Ditka. Coryell because he was our local Chargers coach and Ditka because he was always on TV especially after the 85 SB win.
 
80s is about the time I became aware of the NFL as it was being broadcast on Channel 4. Mike Ditka is the only one of three names I can remember from that era. The Fridge and Walter 'Sweetness' Payton were the others, both played for the Chicago Bears at the time.
 
Chicago has Bulls and Bears, but no more GOATS.
If Caleb Williams stays healthy, cuts down on the gay centric attitude and Ben Johnson remains his coach both of them could become Chicago's new GOAT.
 
If Caleb Williams stays healthy, cuts down on the gay centric attitude and Ben Johnson remains his coach both of them could become Chicago's new GOAT.

Michael Jordan and the Bulls were global phenomena. I can name several legendary NBA players. Unfortunately, the same isn't true for the Bears. I think that's because NFL/American Football's following outside of the US is limited, and they aren't really marketed internationally on sportswear like the NBA and its players are. Jordan is truly an international GOAT. Ditka was a national GOAT. I haven't even heard of Caleb Williams and Ben Johnson. But I do know of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, though (both retired). Saying all this makes me feel I need to pay more attention to this sport.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back
Top