Old Man's Corners

An aerial view of the general area where I grew up:

1752028038451.png

The trees are slowly reclaiming what was once farm land.

This is a few miles away from the above. Somewhere down there was the house I was born in. Looks like it is long gone now. Note the pond to the bottom left. One of the families that ran a commercial nursery owned it. I used to catch a lot of sunfish and bass in that pond:

1752028318023.png
 
So, for the younger members who might be reading this thread, why am I sharing some of this? Sure, nostalgia of course. Also as a reminder that as time progresses, things change.

This is not the house I was born in:

1752028708984.png

Yet, it sits about where the house used to be. My father built it.

The ditch has been filled in. Trees where there were only a few. Wow........so much has changed.
 
1752031049780.jpeg
Back yard of home built in 1968.

Neighbors and long time members of the Happy Hitchers.

Mr. Belser liked to dress as a straw man sitting in the corner of the front porch on Halloween, then try to scare us when we were trick or treating.

Back when I was a kid, played many games of touch football in that yard. Looks beautiful after 45 years, and no kids tearing up the grass.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top