Amazon Go powered airport store!

I actually walked into the one at Boston's Logan back in July. Pretty cool.

2204bc1e-4d83-4505-9190-efe6d3b36aa6.jpg

Until now it works through computer vision and sensors.

Imagine when it will work only through computer vision, through common CCTV cameras.

And a whole walmart working that way.

Maybe in a decade most of shops can use the same technology, just sending the CCTV signal through internet, and some USA company will translate for free all those video signals in information, the kind of things that would love USA agencies (get the CCTV signal of all shops around the world).

Until now it works through computer vision and sensors.

Imagine when it will work only through computer vision, through common CCTV cameras.

And a whole walmart working that way.

Maybe in a decade most of shops can use the same technology, just sending the CCTV signal through internet, and some USA company will translate for free all those video signals in information, the kind of things that would love USA agencies (get the CCTV signal of all shops around the world).

I don't think there were sensors on all the shelves. I grabbed a water bottle from what looked liked a regular mixed refrigerated area. They certainly were not on individual platforms/sections.

waterarea.png

Certainly they could have the whole shelf on a scale...but not likely individual items. Of course for all i know they have tiny little sensors just below the surface of the shelf detecting every slight deflection in the surface.

Last edited:
There goes more Working class jobs

Robot laborer
Robot cashiers
Robot checkin /checkouts
Robot car wash

An attack on the less educated and working class folk's lively hood

Should be a legislation to ban Anti Human Tech

Then will go on social media and read white folks in rural America complaining about no jobs

Robot laborer
Robot cashiers
Robot checkin /checkouts
Robot car wash

Then will go on social media and read white folks in rural America complaining about no jobs

No, people (ie Liberals/Progressives) will be saying those cashier jobs should be $40/hr because that's the fair "living wage".

If it jacks up the prices...well so be it..that's what's fair...trying to lower prices is evil. Price inflation is "good".

Last edited:

Robot laborer
Robot cashiers
Robot checkin /checkouts
Robot car wash

Yeah, and we can trash out wheat harvesters, so we will achieve 100% working class employment.

What govs must do it's assure a minimal life standard without work, today there are a lot more incentives to work than just eat and basic needs.

Last edited:
I don't think there were sensors on all the shelves. I grabbed a water bottle from what looked liked a regular mixed refrigerated area. They certainly were not on individual platforms/sections.

View attachment 65328

Certainly they could have the whole shelf on a scale...but not likely individual items. Of course for all i know they have tiny little sensors just below the surface of the shelf detecting every slight deflection in the surface.

maybe sensors are not in all products, just in the tiniest.

technically it's possible do it just with cameras, it's a matter of enough cameras and enough good computer vision software.

the current status of things is near to it.

even with cashiers, it's useful to avoid shoplifting.

so I think that technology will be improved and extended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back