• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

An Image Seldom Witnessed!

CombatCorner

Jun 11, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That is what was previously inquired about, along with the source's reliability and the standards that determine it.

If the aforementioned does not fulfil, then the news or report is/was fraudulent.

Having spent over a decade here, I have witnessed thousands of instances of such phoney or unbelievable content, which is why I emphasized it.

It all comes down to morals and self-intellect rather than winning a medal.
My dear you are here on social media not some Capitol Hill or White Hall debating committee.
As much as to gain some knowledge, social media is also a source of entertainment.
I sometimes become aware of certain scoops from as they say Horse's mouth but refrain to post or share them as obviously i cannot give a link to the source to back up my claim.

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
My dear you are here on social media not some Capitol Hill or White Hall debating committee.
As much as to gain some knowledge, social media is also a source of entertainment.
I sometimes become aware of certain scoops from as they say Horse's mouth but refrain to post or share them as obviously i cannot give a link to the source to back up my claim.

I rest my case ..... as you are contradicting yourself.

CombatCorner

Jun 11, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I rest my case ..... as you are contradicting yourself.
How is calling a Spade... A spade is a contradiction.
Where social media helps in increasing and sharing knowledge, it's not always guarnteed to be the gospel truth.
Once we know for sure that Americans actually landed on the Moon, who killed JFK, Yetti and Loch Ness monster exist and Iraqi WMD are still out there... then perhaps we could turn our attention to what gets posted on PDF and it's authenticity. Cheers.

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Where social media helps in increasing and sharing knowledge, it's not always guarnteed to be the gospel truth.
Once we know for sure that Americans actually landed on the Moon, who killed JFK, Yetti and Loch Ness monster exist and Iraqi WMD are still out there... then perhaps we could turn our attention to what gets posted on PDF and it's authenticity. Cheers.

It is quite astounding how many explanations someone must offer to back up his claims about actions he knew were wrong.

Broghil

May 20, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I agree. We can't ask for iron clad facts to be posted only, neither we would get many. Now the history of the person posting it would become very important.

CombatCorner

Jun 11, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It is quite astounding how many explanations someone must offer to back up his claims about actions he knew were wrong.
No actually it's scandalous that someone who has spent over a decade.... posting or reading from the source is now suddenly questioning it's credibility.
Alas the old kitchen and heat proverb comes to mind.

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No actually it's scandalous that someone who has spent over a decade.... posting or reading from the source is now suddenly questioning it's credibility.
Alas the old kitchen and heat proverb comes to mind.
That's the norm here circulating/posting unverified stuff, it's nothing new & you are one of them.

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
A rare glimpse of a PAF Wing Loong-II UCAV, returning to base after reportedly smoking terrorists hideouts. Note the empty weapon pylons.

View attachment 53318
When you order Reaper drones from Temu! Jk.
that’s them. I remembered on the old forum someone posted that Pakistan is getting F-16s back in 2019. Turned out to be a lie.

AJKashmir1

Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We need to emulate the Turkish model if you see their success with defeating insurgency it has been quite good via utilisation of homemade drones.

I think there's a lot of strong parallels between Turkiyes situation and Pakistan. Also when it comes to the public information warfare narrative domain.

Pakistan still has a very weak public narrative to counter Afghani extremism, religious extremism, etc. It needs to build a stronger public narrative.

Asfandyar Bhittani

Think Tank Analyst
Jan 2, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We need to emulate the Turkish model if you see their success with defeating insurgency it has been quite good via utilisation of homemade drones.

I think there's a lot of strong parallels between Turkiyes situation and Pakistan. Also when it comes to the public information warfare narrative domain.

Pakistan still has a very weak public narrative to counter Afghani extremism, religious extremism, etc. It needs to build a stronger public narrative.
Public narrative comes from political legitimacy. Musharraf's WOT was despised and there was no support for Ops until they were launched by flawed but elected govts and/or with support from all parties conferences.

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I agree. We can't ask for iron clad facts to be posted only, neither we would get many. Now the history of the person posting it would become very important.
Then simply accept it and move on.

At least I'm not a hypocrite
If you have any issues then take it up with the Admins.
Maybe you can ask them to introduce a quality conttol or something.

For precisely this reason, PDFs are made fun of in reputable professional defense forums and turned into a laughingstock.

Broghil

May 20, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
For precisely this reason, PDFs are made fun of in reputable professional defense forums and turned into a laughingstock.
I am sorry bro. Ideally speaking you are right in your demand. In many countries sources and the people disclosing or discussing sensitive info are somewhat better protected but this is sadly not a case in our country.

You can question something based on your own knowledge but how are you gonna prove that you are correct without compromising someone?

Do you want some committee of admins to verify everything before coming on open forum?

AJKashmir1

Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Public narrative comes from political legitimacy. Musharraf's WOT was despised and there was no support for Ops until they were launched by flawed but elected govts and/or with support from all parties conferences.
Agreed, I wasn't around during that time frame but I think it's because Pakistan always fostered religious extremist environments that placed national interests and identity last - it always had an on-the-fence approach so when the time came to strongly take a harsh decision, the public is never on board.

Given Pakistan's environment it needs a simple public narrative of placing national interest first and cutting on hardcore religious extremism and delusion. It has fried the public's brains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest