Bangladesh Army

Anyone heard the news about Bangladesh interested in haider tank acquisition from Pakistan?

Anyone heard the news about Bangladesh interested in haider tank acquisition from Pakistan?

Nope, we already know the army's plan. Two more regiments of VT-5 for 7th Div and 17th div.

Nope, we already know the army's plan. Two more regiments of VT-5 for 7th Div and 17th div.

Don’t know how reliable this channel but seems to be run by a Pakistani

Don’t know how reliable this channel but seems to be run by a Pakistani
To be honest 7th Div seems to be a bit of odd deployment here. What tactical value it will add other than acting as a backup for 55th?

Raising cavalry regiment for 17th is extremely good decision. The strategic value of the region has notched up in recent decades.

In my opinion, BA should raise the aromour of 33rd to a full brigade strength. Comilla will be easy to cut off without a support from the Ctg direction.

Bro, if we were to ever buy it, we will buy it from PRC. Just like we did with MBT-2000. Instead of Khalid.
Makes more sense tbh but 2000 and 3000 will be sold with base powerpack which atleast in case of 2000s doesn’t perform well in bd due to overheating

To be honest 7th Div seems to be a bit of odd deployment here. What tactical value it will add other than acting as a backup for 55th?

Raising cavalry regiment for 17th is extremely good decision. The strategic value of the region has notched up in recent decades.

In my opinion, BA should raise the aromour of 33rd to a full brigade strength. Comilla will be easy to cut off without a support from the Ctg direction.
Agreed

View attachment 63716

Army's old anti aircraft autocannons Type 65 and Type 74 has been modernised with fire control radar system.

View attachment 63717

Cheap ad hoc solution. Still better than nothing.

@LeonBlack08 @Michael Corleone @Arthur @AbuShalehRumi et al.

Good initiative to upgrade existing assets as stop gap. Do you know if the upgrades were done locally with Chinese help?

We already have the Oerlikon GDF 009s with Skyguard fire control radar.

Looks like we inducted Chinese PG99 CS/AA3 35mm earlier this year as well. So I guess the phasing out of obsolete systems are in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back