Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

There are institutional limitations. It's not army's job to prosecute civilians. There are certainly
weaknesses/compromises and loopholes. our enemies are exploiting it. We need to wait before reaching any definitive conclusion. I still think gen. Waker is a good man and a patriot. Eps, what we heard from his former colleagues and Bg gen Azam.

Constitution become non-existence after any revolution.

I stand by what I said until ground reality changes. As of now, I see slowly and gradually Awami being rehabilitate. Take a close look at advisory team. They are product of 1/11 and why Awami president not sacked yet?

If I were to be Chief Advisor, I would have to set a list of priorities that need immediate attention. I would also need to consider all the stakeholders, some you see and some behind the screen I would need to work with.
People need to be patient, some structural reforms are needed, it won’t happen in a few months.
AL people are full of money at every level, more than enough to create plenty of trouble.
I doubt there is enough space in the jail system to lock up the entire AL people.

Constitution become non-existence after any revolution.

I stand by what I said until ground reality changes. As of now, I see slowly and gradually Awami being rehabilitate. Take a close look at advisory team. They are product of 1/11 and why Awami president not sacked yet?
I'm not pessimistic. I think they need some times to clear the garbage. And president has no power in Bangladesh. So I'm not worried. However chuppu must go in forseable future.

Govt to form commissions to reform 6 key sectors: Yunus​

The interim government has decided to form six commissions to bring reform in six major sectors, Chief Adviser Prof Muhammad Yunus today told the nation in a televised speech.

The sectors are the elections system, police administration, judiciary, anti-corruption commission, public administration, and the constitution.

Badiul Alam Majumdar, secretary of Shujan, will lead the election system reform commission while Sarfaraz Chowdhury will lead the police administration reform commission. Justice Shah Abu Nayeem Mominur Rahman, a former judge of the Supreme Court, will lead the judiciary reform commission.

Iftekharuzzaman, executive director of Transparency International Bangladesh, will lead the anti-corruption reform commission; Abdul Muyeed Chowdhury, a former adviser to the caretaker government, will lead the public administration reform commission and Dr Shahdeen Malik, an advocate of the Supreme Court, will lead the constitution reform commission, he said.

The names of other members of the commission will be fixed upon talking with the chief of the commissions. Members of the advisory committee, and representatives of the movement -- students, general people, civil society, and political parties -- will be present at the discussions and meetings of commissions.

The commissions are expected to start their functions from October 1 and they are expected to complete their work within the next three months, he said.

The government will hold meetings with the main political parties on the basis of the reports of the commissions and the framework for the reform will be finalised upon holding a three-to-seven-day consultation meeting with the participation of the representatives' students, civil society, political parties and the government.

He also said that a hint will also be given on how the framework will be implemented.

Unprecedented reform initiatives in history of the republic. (At least since 1980) @Joe Shearer @Oscar @Al-Zakir @Bengal71 @LeonBlack08 @AbuShalehRumi

Last edited:

The interim government has decided to form six commissions to bring reform in six major sectors, Chief Adviser Prof Muhammad Yunus today told the nation in a televised speech.

The sectors are the elections system, police administration, judiciary, anti-corruption commission, public administration, and the constitution.

Badiul Alam Majumdar, secretary of Shujan, will lead the election system reform commission while Sarfaraz Chowdhury will lead the police administration reform commission. Justice Shah Abu Nayeem Mominur Rahman, a former judge of the Supreme Court, will lead the judiciary reform commission.

Iftekharuzzaman, executive director of Transparency International Bangladesh, will lead the anti-corruption reform commission; Abdul Muyeed Chowdhury, a former adviser to the caretaker government, will lead the public administration reform commission and Dr Shahdeen Malik, an advocate of the Supreme Court, will lead the constitution reform commission, he said.

The names of other members of the commission will be fixed upon talking with the chief of the commissions. Members of the advisory committee, and representatives of the movement -- students, general people, civil society, and political parties -- will be present at the discussions and meetings of commissions.

The commissions are expected to start their functions from October 1 and they are expected to complete their work within the next three months, he said.

The government will hold meetings with the main political parties on the basis of the reports of the commissions and the framework for the reform will be finalised upon holding a three-to-seven-day consultation meeting with the participation of the representatives' students, civil society, political parties and the government.

He also said that a hint will also be given on how the framework will be implemented.

Unprecedented reform initiatives in history of the republic. @Joe Shearer @Oscar @Al-Zakir @Bengal71 @LeonBlack08 @AbuShalehRumi
This is a genuinely impressive step forward. Very careful and discriminating selection of topics for enquiry and determination. Let us wish the commissions the very best for the sake of the country and its citizens.

Unprecedented reform initiatives in history of the republic. (At least since 1980) @Joe Shearer @Oscar @Al-Zakir @Bengal71 @LeonBlack08 @AbuShalehRumi

Very good initiative. Waiting to read an unbiased assessment on each of the commission heads.

Lt Gen Mujib has been sacked and Lt Gen Saiful Alam has been forced into retirement.

Lt Gen Mujib already fled the country. It must be investigated how he managed to flee and who assisted him. All those involved should be sacked and arrested.

1000025133.png

Hassina in this leaked phone call claim that she is very close to Bangladesh so she can enter Chottogram anytime.😆

Enjoy the convo and the comments.

Certain member on the forum posturing about the current situation in BD, 'I am highly educated Westernized civilized person'. Y'all intolerant small minded islamists taking the country to gutter.'

How he actually feel, 3:22 to 3:34 – 8:10 to 8:22.🤣

Last edited:
Lt Gen Mujib has been sacked and Lt Gen Saiful Alam has been forced into retirement.

Lt Gen Mujib already fled the country. It must be investigated how he managed to flee and who assisted him. All those involved should be sacked and arrested.

View attachment 64429

Lieutenant general Tabrez Shams was also forced to retirement along with Major general Hamidul haq.

Apperantly, Major Gen Hamidul Haq is a good guy. If true then it's unfortunate.

Lieutenant general Tabrez Shams was also forced to retirement along with Major general Hamidul haq.

Apperantly, Major Gen Hamidul Haq is a good guy. If true then it's unfortunate.

I guess the army wants a cleans slate for DGFI, that's why removing anyone who was in charge, irrespective of their background.

More important reform will be mid and junior level staff who are all BAL appointees. A lot of officers need to get kicked off force.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Pakistan Defence Latest

Back