• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Çay bahçesi | Tea Garden

_NOBODY_

Jan 6, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes, but it's actually a wide-spread tradition in the Middle East, ofc, sans the belly dancers. :)
I have seen them many times at weddings when I was living in the Middle East but this is the first time I am hearing about circumcision parties. Also, what a way to torture the boy by bringing these gorgeous belly dancers when he can't even feel his p*n*s lmao.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have seen them many times at weddings when I was living in the Middle East but this is the first time I am hearing about circumcision parties. Also, what a way to torture the boy by bringing these gorgeous belly dancers when he can't even feel his p*n*s lmao.
I can't speak for other countries but booking a bellydancer for your wedding in Türkiye is actually very, very uncommon and highly frowned upon. Where I come from, people would pretty much leave the wedding and curse me out.

Wait a minute. Does this mean that you guys don't have a similiar tradition of celebrating circumcision?

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Wait a minute. Does this mean that you guys don't have a similiar tradition of celebrating circumcision?

I believe people have Aqiqahs for newborns throughout the muslim world, they might just combine the Khatna with the Aqiqah in some places.

_NOBODY_

Jan 6, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I can't speak for other countries but booking a bellydancer for your wedding in Türkiye is actually very, very uncommon and highly frowned upon. Where I come from, people would pretty much leave the wedding and curse me out.

Nope, circumcision is just considered a duty nothing more. Fascinating, in gulf countries I have only seen belly dancers at weddings. I am shocked that Turks find the presence of belly dancers at weddings offensive.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I am shocked that Turks find the presence of belly dancers at weddings offensive.

Depends on the Turk. The more religious turks obviously frown on this sort of thing.

To be honest, If I'm the bride and there is some half naked lady dancing at my wedding, I'd probably be pist off regardless of religiocity. lol

_NOBODY_

Jan 6, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Depends on the Turk. The more religious turks obviously frown on this sort of thing.

To be honest, If I'm the bride and there is some half naked lady dancing at my wedding, I'd probably be pist off regardless of religiocity. lol
In some rural areas in Pakistan, you will see people inviting intersex entertainers to sing and dance at weddings lol.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

I agree with part of what you're saying, but in all the weddings I've attended, I've never seen a bellydancer. Not once. Many of these celebrations were secular in nature with booze and pop music.

I believe hiring a bellydancer is considered outdated, a thing of the past in modern-day Türkiye. Especially among younger modern generations, many people view it as vulgar and distasteful although their reasons may vary.

If at all, performances like this at your wedding are more a presentation of status to the outside world and this has been linked to class affiliation, bro.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nope, circumcision is just considered a duty nothing more. Fascinating, in gulf countries I have only seen belly dancers at weddings. I am shocked that Turks find the presence of belly dancers at weddings offensive.
Now I am not saying bellydancing at Turkish weddings doesn't exist anymore but it is considered outdated.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

i%CC%87skenderunun-kurtulu%C5%9Funun-86-y%C4%B1ld%C3%B6n%C3%BCm%C3%BC-kutlu-olsun-v0-088zdmfhcoad1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts