• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Chinese Aircraft Carriers - Liaoning, Shandong, Fujian and the future

Raj-Hindustani

May 4, 2019
So, Chinese carrier is in no way afraid of Filipin.
Learn from Ukraine -russia war.

Doesn't matter indian or Chinese or even USN, operating near the enemy lands, survive of chances, very less if enemy has subsonic and supersonic cruise missiles

ety

Dec 11, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Stupid childish questions with no critical thinking on your part.

I can play stupid question game too like... Why china didn't defend itself when Type055 and J-16D were jammed as it tried to interfere with Pelosi' plane as it head to Taiwan? Why China claims all these waters but USN says challenge accepted and sails through chinese claim waters? Why so scared?

See how easy it is to play Stupid Childish Question With No Critical Thinking Game?

You make yourself sound intellectually limited when you make this post.
The as usual arrogant stupid questions you are asking. Who said type 055 and J16D were jammed and couldn't detect the plane, some unnamed unknown person eh, lol, what has your such claim got to do with the post. And when did China ever claim the water in SCS are Chinese ? Don't make foolish claims here. I see someone butthurt to see Chinese carrier threateningly sailing near the shores of American ally Filipin, and US can't do a s****, lol.

Last edited:

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
As I said earlier, crunch time - will be operating from safe distance.

Example - Indian aircrafts carriers not being patrol near by Chinese lands or Pakistani lands, it will be have bigger role by operating safe distance from the enemy lands. Example - blocking route at choke points.

Roaming near by enemy lands can be done only well equipped navy ships, survival chances are much better.

But your fighters are all too short-legged to do this effectively

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Where do you think that Indian aircraft carriers will be deployed during the war against china or Pakistan?

Because I didn't get your points about the range

Maybe I missed you point, but you said "Indian aircrafts carriers not being patrol near by Chinese lands or Pakistani lands, it will be have bigger role by operating safe distance from the enemy lands. Example" but what could they effectively do? The MiG-29 is not known for being a long range fighter and from my information all IN carriers usually need to operate very close to the coast due to this range limitations since in case of an arresting gear failure the fighters need to return to a base ... which limits their operational use dramatically.

Raj-Hindustani

May 4, 2019
Maybe I missed you point, but you said "Indian aircrafts carriers not being patrol near by Chinese lands or Pakistani lands, it will be have bigger role by operating safe distance from the enemy lands. Example" but what could they effectively do? The MiG-29 is not known for being a long range fighter and from my information all IN carriers usually need to operate very close to the coast due to this range limitations since in case of an arresting gear failure the fighters need to return to a base ... which limits their operational use dramatically.

At present with mig 29, and Indian aircrafts carriers - I strongly believe that it will be operating near by andman and Nicobar against both the cases.

China case- mostly will be focus on the choke point for blockage and will be deployed near andman and Nicobar.

Pakistan case - most likely, these carriers will not be deployed in Arabian sea, they will use blockage any support from Malacca strait for Pakistan. India does not need naval aircraft carriers for direct naval fight, destroyer, submarines frigate and other ships will be used in Arabian sea

Might 2nd plan, if indian navy will be able to neutralize PN ships, they will try blockage for supply chain in Arabian sea.

These are hypothesis based scenarios. I don't believe, such high risk naval assets can put in dangerous zone....

The same gets apply to Chinese navy - if they will deploy in such high risk zones, risk will be very High

Last edited:

zhanlong

Jul 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Stupid childish questions with no critical thinking on your part.

I can play stupid question game too like... Why china didn't defend itself when Type055 and J-16D were jammed as it tried to interfere with Pelosi' plane as it head to Taiwan? Why China claims all these waters but USN says challenge accepted and sails through chinese claim waters? Why so scared?

See how easy it is to play Stupid Childish Question With No Critical Thinking Game?

You make yourself sound intellectually limited when you make this post.
Buddy. Pelosi's plane traveled from Philippine territorial waters to Taiwan. She avoided all danger zones. Pelosi's plane did not even enter the South China Sea.

Screenshot_20240701_204307.jpg

Your accusations have failed.

But the China Coast Guard did indeed strike and capture the Philippine Navy's special forces. The US Navy has run away.

Currently. The attitude of the US is that China and the Philippines should exercise restraint. But there was no discussion on how to protect the Philippines.....

zhanlong

Jul 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
At present with mig 29, and Indian aircrafts carriers - I strongly believe that it will be operating near by andman and Nicobar against both the cases.

China case- mostly will be focus on the choke point for blockage and will be deployed near andman and Nicobar.

Pakistan case - most likely, these carriers will not be deployed in Arabian sea, they will use blockage any support from Malacca strait for Pakistan. India does not need naval aircraft carriers for direct naval fight, destroyer, submarines frigate and other ships will be used in Arabian sea

Might 2nd plan, if indian navy will be able to neutralize PN ships, they will try blockage for supply chain in Arabian sea.

These are hypothesis based scenarios. I don't believe, such high risk naval assets can put in dangerous zone....

The same gets apply to Chinese navy - if they will deploy in such high risk zones, risk will be very High
But. When we think of Indian aircraft carriers having three experiences of catching fire at Indian ports. Can Indian aircraft carriers really leave Indian ports?

Raj-Hindustani

May 4, 2019
But. When we think of Indian aircraft carriers having three experiences of catching fire at Indian ports. Can Indian aircraft carriers really leave Indian ports?
You believe whatever you want to. Thanks

Anyway chinese navy might only consider a kid for operating aircraft carriers. Indian, USN - those are having more than 50 years for operating such carriers.

zhanlong

Jul 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You believe whatever you want to. Thanks

Anyway chinese navy might only consider a kid for operating aircraft carriers. Indian, USN - those are having more than 50 years for operating such carriers.
1. Indian aircraft carriers lack strike group protection.

2. Indian aircraft carriers lack independent logistics support capabilities.

3. In 50 years. Indian aircraft carriers spend most of their time in ports.

4. In 2022. India has just assembled its first domestically produced Russian style aircraft carrier. It took India 20 years to assemble it.

5. The Indian aircraft carrier caught fire three times.

Raj-Hindustani

May 4, 2019
1. Indian aircraft carriers lack strike group protection.

2. Indian aircraft carriers lack independent logistics support capabilities.

3. In 50 years. Indian aircraft carriers spend most of their time in ports.

4. In 2022. India has just assembled its first domestically produced Russian style aircraft carrier. It took India 20 years to assemble it.

5. The Indian aircraft carrier caught fire three times.

Seriously man!! Indian destroyers, frigates and submarines go for selling " fish curry" with aircraft carriers :LOL:

zhanlong

Jul 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Seriously man!! Indian destroyers, frigates and submarines go for selling " fish curry" with aircraft carriers :LOL:
Usually. Indian aircraft carriers prefer "grilled fish"

Screenshot_20240701_212112.jpg

You did not mention the comprehensive supply ship. Because India doesn't have it?

Or rather. The Indian understanding of aircraft carrier strike groups is only "aircraft carriers, frigates, submarines"?... Hmm. 50 years of experience.

majesticpug

Apr 9, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Indian Navy should first consider how not to sink its own submarines, keep its ships not on fire from too much curry cooking, and toilets not overflow. I am sure Indians' 50 years of history of operating navel vessels are something for the PLAN to learn -- not to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest