• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Chinese Aircraft Carriers - Liaoning, Shandong, Fujian and the future

Vi-va

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It is a logistic device for the nuclear powered ship that has been launched onto the water.

JN will launch the Type 041 mini SSN in next year, perhaps the nuclear container in a similar time frame, but in the period of 2023-2024, it has no nuclear warship other than Fujian.

It is obviously a logistic device for Fujian.
Still indirect proof, not a solid one, mainly guesswork.

ChineseTiger1986

Jun 15, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That's fine. Let's say it's 10,000 tons, or 11,000, nothing special.
Conventional power can still deal with it.

With the boiler system of Liaoning/Shandong, nope, it gonna be 16 boilers, it gonna be a mess, even the boilers of the Kitty Hawk class cannot handle it.

China has no upgrade boilers for Fujian, and I cannot find any vestige of information about that.

However, they are plenty of information about the nuclear one.

ChineseTiger1986

Jun 15, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You have to maintain 2 completely different power systems.
I doubt it.

I have already showed you that China is good of making hybrid propulsion back in 2016.

Yet you are not even bothering to take a look.

Vi-va

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have already showed you that China is good of making hybrid propulsion back in 2016.

Yet you are not even bothering to take a look.

It's a patent, I saw it. Nothing special.

Vi-va

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The direct proof gonna be the official acknowledgement from the Chinese government.

It ain't gonna happen soon.
I think there is nothing to hide. It's just a propulsion system.

The official channel has made it very clear that it's conventional if you believe CCTV 7 military channel.

Vi-va

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This technology has been approved by China's national energy more than a decade.

I won't be surprised if Fujian has used this technology.
I said earlier that there is no obstacle for China to build a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.

It's not that hard for China today. It's more or less a matter of pros and cons.

Also, a high-ranking military official has confirmed that China has made a breakthrough in the nuclear propulsion system.

Our difference on this subject is that you tried to persuade me that the Fujian aircraft carrier is nuclear-powered, but I don't see the proof.

Dude, let's stop here.

Thanks for your info.

ChineseTiger1986

Jun 15, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think there is nothing to hide. It's just a propulsion system.

The official channel has made it very clear that it's conventional if you believe CCTV 7 military channel.

The joint press release of CCTV + Xinhua and other state media is more authentic.

福建舰是我国完全自主设计建造的首艘弹射型航空母舰,采用平直通长飞行甲板,配置电磁弹射和阻拦装置,满载排水量8万余吨。该舰下水后,将按计划开展系泊试验和航行试验。图为下水命名仪式现场。

Of course, CCTV7 can also say that they didn't mislead people by claiming Fujian is a conventional carrier, because it has clearly the conventional propulsion system like Gas Turbines.

Because Fujian is a hybrid carrier, you can play the words by claiming it is either nuclear powered or conventionally powered just to confuse your opponent.

However, I think that China should be more outspoken sometimes, because the US should have been able to figure out what it is.

Since the US also got the project of CVN-LX which involved with a hybrid carrier that uses a single A1B reactor + LM2500 gas turbines.

ChineseTiger1986

Jun 15, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Also, a high-ranking military official has confirmed that China has made a breakthrough in the nuclear propulsion system.

I think he meant for the thorium-based nuclear reactor which is clearly the target that China is going to be heavily invested for its near future marine propulsion.

However, you are free to believe what you want to believe.

I have already showed you the proof.

I also have my own judgment and critical thinking.

Vi-va

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The joint press release of CCTV + Xinhua and other state media is more authentic.

福建舰是我国完全自主设计建造的首艘弹射型航空母舰,采用平直通长飞行甲板,配置电磁弹射和阻拦装置,满载排水量8万余吨。该舰下水后,将按计划开展系泊试验和航行试验。图为下水命名仪式现场。

Of course, CCTV7 can also say that they didn't mislead people by claiming Fujian is a conventional carrier, because it has clearly the conventional propulsion system like Gas Turbines.

Because Fujian is a hybrid carrier, you can play the words by claiming it is either nuclear powered or conventionally powered just to confuse your opponent.

However, I think that China should be more outspoken sometimes, because the US should have been able to figure out what it is.

Since the US also got the project of CVN-LX which involved with a hybrid carrier that uses a single A1B reactor + LM2500 gas turbines.

If it's a nuclear + gas turbine hybrid, then it's not conventional.
Conventional is conventional. There is no ambiguity here.

Vi-va

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think he meant for the thorium-based nuclear reactor which is clearly the target that China is going to be heavily invested for its near future marine propulsion.

However, you are free to believe what you want to believe.

I have already showed you the proof.

I also have my own judgment and critical thinking.
Sure, appreciate it. Let's keep waiting for official confirmation and sources.

ChineseTiger1986

Jun 15, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If it's a nuclear + gas turbine hybrid, then it's not conventional.
Conventional is conventional. There is no ambiguity here.

According to General Zhang Zhaozhong, a J-20 is a J-10 with twin engines.

He publicly stated that in front of CCTV7 more than a decade ago, and now it has become a meme for the Chinese military fans.

Many Chinese military pundits have been known to play the words, or either they truly don't have a clue.

Frankly, I prefer that they can be more frank and outspoken, and stop trying to be smart by playing words, since you are not going to confuse your enemies, but confusing your own supporters.

Vi-va

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
According to General Zhang Zhaozhong, a J-20 is a J-10 with twin engines.

He publicly stated that in front of CCTV7 more than a decade ago, and now it has become a meme for the Chinese military fans.

Many Chinese military pundits have been known to play the words, or either they truly don't have a clue.

Frankly, I prefer that they can be more frank and outspoken, and stop trying to be smart by playing words, since you are not going to confuse your enemies, but confusing your own supporters.
That's a different topic now.

China will keep downplaying military power for a while, especially when your neighbors are so afraid of you.

While the U.S. has a very powerful intelligence system. There is no way to hide something like a carrier propulsion system.

ChineseTiger1986

Jun 15, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That's a different topic now.

China will keep downplaying military power for a while, especially when your neighbors are so afraid of you.

Meanwhile, the U.S. has a very powerful intelligence system. There is no way to hide something like a carrier propulsion system.

The US won't clarify it for you even they know the truth.

Their Ford class is now in huge trouble, and to authenticate Fujian supercarrier it is only going to demoralize their own allies, not beneficial to them at all.

No matter how Fujian is superior with its EMALS, as long it is conventional powered, it is never going to be as threatening/intimidating as a nuclear powered supercarrier.

If Fujian has been officially proven to have nuclear powered propulsion, it is going to be another level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest