Dark Warning from Maulana Fazlur Rahman: 'Two Provinces Could Break Away if Crisis Continues

So, if you have four rattlesnakes instead of one in your attic, you will sleep sounder?
I agree that border skirmishes between countries created from the division of Pakistan will continue, but the loss of human lives and resources would still be far less than what occurs today in a united Pakistan. Do you really think India-Pakistan border skirmishes could cause more loss of lives and resources than what happened in East Pakistan in 1971? It’s better to divide Pakistan peacefully, with the consensus of its people, rather than going through a bloodbath, killing millions, and still ending up divided. What’s the benefit in that?
States are meant to improve the lives of common people. If a state becomes the cause of violence and bloodshed, it's better to dissolve it. A divided Pakistan would be in the best interest of both the region and the people of Pakistan.
I'm also not against the Two-Nation Theory or the division of India in 1947. The issue is that it wasn't fully implemented—Muslims remain in India, and non-Muslims are still in Pakistan. The division should have been complete, with a full exchange of populations.

Last edited:
In India it has led to more progress. Of course India's democracy is a lot different from Pakistan's
Democracy doesn’t seem to work in any Muslim-majority country. Historically, Pakistan has been relatively more stable under dictatorship.

Democracy doesn’t seem to work in any Muslim-majority country. Historically, Pakistan has been relatively more stable under dictatorship.

I disagree. There is nothing incompatible between Islam and democracy. Indonesia, Turkey, Malaysia are semi-functional democracies. The Middle East is screwed up due to American meddling.

Pakistan is a bad example of lots of things related to Islam

This occasional threat that there'll be another '1971' if the state does what's necessary to protect national security and stability within is losing effect now.

The basic fact here is that sitting on the fence in limbo doing nothing is having a **worse** impact, than not making a decisive choice. - China & other allies have probably conveyed that to the establishment.

You can't pretend like everything is okay because you are scared to confront the obvious problems. It will get a thousand time worse later and slip out of your hands.

Either you take difficult & risky steps to actually secure the country now - or let the problems grow continually worse until they erupt in a blood bath beyond anyones control. So you have to face the risk.

And quite frankly, if Pakistan can only exist by compromising on its security/sovereignty then what's the point? That's a horrible existence. So the risk is worth taking.

Last edited:
This occasional threat that there'll be another '1971' if the state does what's necessary to protect national security and stability within is losing effect.

The basic fact here is that sitting on the fence in a limbo is having a **worse** impact than not making a decisive choice. - China & other allies have probably conveyed that to the establishment.

Either you take difficult & risky steps to actually secure the country - or let the problems get worse down the line and they erupt in a blood bath. You have to face the risk.

And quite frankly, if Pakistan can only exist by compromising on its security/sovereignty then what's the point? That's a horrible existence. So the risk is worth taking.
So, you think dismantling the Supreme Court and Pakistan's largest political party—the very party that has helped unite the nation—is the right way forward? Is your idea of progress putting retired military officers in charge of top civilian institutions and giving them endless extensions? Let me remind you, when someone retires, they’re supposed to step down. But no, we see a trend where officers, after retirement, continue to cling to power. This Army chief has already retired, and now he wants five more years on top of that? The former ISI chief retired a year ago, and we’re still talking about giving him another extension? Where chief Justice wants extension Are you seriously suggesting that the 250 million people of this country are too stupid to see through this?

Let’s be clear: putting the same people in charge over and over, while sidelining legitimate democratic institutions, is nothing short of a power grab. The people aren’t fools, and neither is the rest of the world. Every time a retired officer is reappointed or given another extension, it’s a slap in the face of democracy. You think this country has no one else capable of leadership? What about the young, the educated, and the qualified professionals who never get a chance because these same old faces refuse to step aside? No one knows who was prime minister and president of Spain 40 years ago no one knows who was president and prime minister in the UK 40 years ago we still seeing those families ruling us..

And if you're suggesting that this revolving door of retired military officers is what will save Pakistan, then perhaps youshould be the one receiving a hundred-gun salute—right at your head—for your delusional ideas. Because it’s thinking like this that’s holding this country back, not moving it forward.

We need real leadership, accountability, and respect for the people and institutions that have kept this nation standing. Extensions, political manipulation, and ignoring the will of the people will only lead to further chaos, and those responsible for this won’t be able to hide behind their titles forever.

I disagree. There is nothing incompatible between Islam and democracy. Indonesia, Turkey, Malaysia are semi-functional democracies. The Middle East is screwed up due to American meddling.

Pakistan is a bad example of lots of things related to Islam
Turkey is a secular country, and while I’m not fully sure about Indonesia and Malaysia, it seems that Islamism there hasn't yet reached the levels seen in Pakistan. If Indonesia and Malaysia experience the same kind of Islamization that Pakistan has, they may face similar issues to those Pakistan is currently dealing with.

So, you think dismantling the Supreme Court and Pakistan's largest political party—the very party that has helped unite the nation—is the right way forward? Is your idea of progress putting retired military officers in charge of top civilian institutions and giving them endless extensions? Let me remind you, when someone retires, they’re supposed to step down. But no, we see a trend where officers, after retirement, continue to cling to power. This Army chief has already retired, and now he wants five more years on top of that? The former ISI chief retired a year ago, and we’re still talking about giving him another extension? Where chief Justice wants extension Are you seriously suggesting that the 250 million people of this country are too stupid to see through this?

Let’s be clear: putting the same people in charge over and over, while sidelining legitimate democratic institutions, is nothing short of a power grab. The people aren’t fools, and neither is the rest of the world. Every time a retired officer is reappointed or given another extension, it’s a slap in the face of democracy. You think this country has no one else capable of leadership? What about the young, the educated, and the qualified professionals who never get a chance because these same old faces refuse to step aside? No one knows who was prime minister and president of Spain 40 years ago no one knows who was president and prime minister in the UK 40 years ago we still seeing those families ruling us..

And if you're suggesting that this revolving door of retired military officers is what will save Pakistan, then perhaps youshould be the one receiving a hundred-gun salute—right at your head—for your delusional ideas. Because it’s thinking like this that’s holding this country back, not moving it forward.

We need real leadership, accountability, and respect for the people and institutions that have kept this nation standing. Extensions, political manipulation, and ignoring the will of the people will only lead to further chaos, and those responsible for this won’t be able to hide behind their titles forever.
I wasn't referring to that, I'm talking about the more security-orientated policies that PTI cries about

Like deportation of Afghan refugees, stricter surveillance, military operations, stronger stance against Afghanistan.

Democracy thing is separate though I'm not a huge advocate of democracy either but the above shouldn't be politicised by anyone imo, otherwise democracy might disappear altogether.

It's because people in Punjab don't tend to keep blowing stuff up and causing fassad, it's only natural for development to center around peacefull areas
They don't need too - they have representatives at the very top who do it on a scale terrorists can only dream of.

I wasn't referring to that, I'm talking about the more security-orientated policies that PTI cries about

Like deportation of Afghan refugees, stricter surveillance, military operations, stronger stance against Afghanistan.

Democracy thing is separate though I'm not a huge advocate of democracy either but the above shouldn't be politicised by anyone imo, otherwise democracy might disappear altogether.
These are minor issues, and things like immigration and refugee management can be handled effectively by an elected government. The narrative around these problems is largely influenced by Western propaganda—it's how they manage similar issues in their own countries. Such matters can be resolved when decisions are made by a government that is elected by the people. Elected governments derive their power from the people’s mandate, and they are held accountable because they know they have to return to the voters. This is the only long-term solution for Pakistan—allowing elected leaders to make decisions with the backing of the people, rather than relying on undemocratic or security-heavy approaches.

If this carries on then only Punjab and Sindh will be left as Pakistan.

Pakistan is heading straight for a break up much worse than 1971.
how to apply for kpk citizenship?

bhutto aur wardi keh karachi may nai raha jaye ga bhaion!

Many people use India as an example, saying it's an economy-based country, while we are a security-based country because our generals derive their power from this concept. I don’t blame them, as they are generals. Ninety percent of their thinking is limited because they only have two options in life: yes or no.

how to apply for kpk citizenship?

bhutto aur wardi keh karachi may nai raha jaye ga bhaion!
You should fight we should fight to defend the country with in our capacity. Stay strong stay positive

Watch this establishment tout threatening openy on national TV. Everyone knows where this coming from and who is behind this bloody dog. You will not get this in any civilised country where establishment touts threatening people.

Turkey is a secular country, and while I’m not fully sure about Indonesia and Malaysia, it seems that Islamism there hasn't yet reached the levels seen in Pakistan. If Indonesia and Malaysia experience the same kind of Islamization that Pakistan has, they may face similar issues to those Pakistan is currently dealing with.

What islamism in Pakistan? Majority of the political parties are secular, the military, establishment, waderas, landlords are all secular, they are the root cause of the problem due to corruption, bribery, betrayal, mismanagement, nepotism, low literacy rate is another issue. Pakistan needs major reforms, upgrade of the state institutions, rule of law, accountability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back