Five reasons American decline appears irreversible

You are not taking into account the 750,000 people that have illegally jumped the border in the last few years (nevermind the million people who move to the US each year legally).

They have to live somewhere and for the border jumpers that's usually low income housing (many using guaranteed housing vouchers given to them by immigration authorities). This is going to affect people (ie low income US citizens) who don't have access to such vouchers.

Runaway migration is having other effects.

Fast food jobs were traditionally done by teenagers and young adults. It gave them spending money, taught them discipline, and kept them out of trouble. In Australia, that is still the case for the most part but, in the US, especially in the southern states and in big cities, fast food is now mostly staffed by middle aged migrants as their only source of income for families to feed.

Runaway migration is having other effects.

Fast food jobs were traditionally done by teenagers and young adults. It gave them spending money, taught them discipline, and kept them out of trouble. In Australia, that is still the case for the most part but, in the US, especially in the southern states and in big cities, fast food is now mostly staffed by middle aged migrants as their only source of income for families to feed.

Yes, I have noticed this.

How about increasing the minimum wage which has been stagnant since the late 70's? Just to keep up with inflation, it would be in the region of $35/hr, instead of $8/hr as it stands today. Whereas, executive pay has grown exponentially during this 40 year period.

it's $15 in my state. My daughter got paid $20/hr just to sit by the edge of a pool as a lifeguard. I thought that was a ridiculous amount. $160/day...that's not chump change for a young teen.

Last edited:
it's $15 in my state. My daughter got paid $20/hr just to sit by the edge of a pool as a lifeguard. I thought that was a ridiculous amount. $160/day...that's not chump change for a young teen.
Yes USA is country that is run by the 1% elite rich of USA.

The average person in USA suffers a great deal.

Still too low. In your state no one could ever be able to afford even a studio on $15/hr. Minimum wage should be able to sustain an individual with basic sustenance, including shelter.

The US is wealthier than it’s ever been. It’s PPP GDP per capita is top 8 in the world, with the only nations ahead having small populations. Americans also have the highest disposable incomes in the world.

US GDP will exceed $50T by 2040. The US will remain the preeminent hyperpower.
We have to work together to address some of the issues in the OP article. Otherwise we can crash.

LGBT is against human nature. Although it is legalized in the West.

It's not just the West. You think places like Thailand which is ground zero in the world for sex changes and ladyboys (and whose top tourist visitor is China) is in the West?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back