How Many Fighter Jets Does China Produce Annually? Concerns arise about China surpassing the US Air Force in fighter jet production

All airborne assets will be unmanned and fully autonomous flown by AI.
I don't know what you know about AI........

But until human can find a way to physically limit AI, AI isn't that much useful in military technology.

You can't train 1000 pilot in 4 years.....then you need to have 1000 trainer to have that 1000 pilot put into training...Which makes "adding 1000 planes a year" quite pointless.

You are talking about a 4-year aviation degree with another 3 to 4 years flight training.

And US made more than 222 plane a year, that number only counted how many plane US was taking up, US also sell jet internationally......

Many of them will simply replace older aircrafts right ?

I think this is just the beginning.

China has yet to produce large number of modern fighters for export.

Until recently, i think, aircraft engine was a major bottle neck. Now that chinese engine are reasonably good, the production number will be ramped up.

Last edited:
Many of them will simply replace older aircrafts right ?
You still need to retrain the pilot to fly these new aircrafts.

You can't put a F-7 pilot on a J-16 directly.........In case of the Ukrainian MIG pilot trained to F-16 standard, they need 1 year to retrain. Again, usually it takes 3.

Another point being, China do not have 3000 old aircraft to replace to begin with.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back