• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Imran Khan announces hunger strike over lack of confidence in CJ Qazi Faez Isa

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Imran Khan announces hunger strike over lack of confidence in CJ Qazi Faez Isa​

Former prime minister criticises CJ's role in PTI’s ongoing legal battles

News Desk
July 05, 2024

pti chairman imran khan is addressing supporters via video link on feb 4 2023 photo pti social media

PTI Chairman Imran Khan is addressing supporters via video link on Feb 4, 2023. PHOTO: PTI/SOCIAL MEDIA

PTI founder and former premier Imran Khan has expressed his lack of confidence in Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Qazi Faez Isa, and declared his intention to go on a hunger strike in jail.

The PTI supremo made this statement during a media interaction at Rawalpindi's Adiala Jail, citing ongoing concerns over CJ's involvement in benches handling PTI and his personal cases.

Imran Khan highlighted objections raised by his legal team regarding the judge's repeated presence, indicating a growing belief within his camp that justice may not be impartially served under these circumstances.

The PTI founder referenced a recent decision by Justice Gulzar's five-member bench, which supported his team's stance that CJ should not preside over their cases. Additionally, he noted the administrative dynamics within the jail, mentioning the involvement of senior military officials in day-to-day operations.

Referring to the incident where a scheduled meeting with his team was unexpectedly cancelled, Imran expressed disappointment over the missed opportunity to resolve internal disputes had the meeting proceeded as planned.

Imran expressed disappointment over a cancelled meeting with his legal team, lamenting missed opportunities to resolve internal disputes. The superintendent, allegedly at the request of a jailed colonel, denied Khan's team access, citing operational reasons.
Asserting his party's resilience, Khan declared, "They are mistaken; they think my party will weaken. They don't realize that the party with the strongest voter base remains strong."

Khan emphasized that the IMF cannot solve the country's issues, asserting that the solution lies in fair and transparent elections. He expressed concern that Pakistan, which once led until 1990, is now being surpassed by other nations.

“The country is controlled solely by the elite. What is the purpose of a president who increases the president's house expenditures? Electricity and gas bills have broken the people's backs."

Khan mentioned that discussions had taken place involving Omer Ayyub, Senate Shibli Faraz, and Ali Amin Gandapur following his remarks in the National Assembly on February 8th. He noted that negotiations were conducted under the condition that he would refrain from intervening against powerful entities in power.

The former premier emphasized that discussions occur when issues arise, and he expressed willingness to engage with Shehbaz Sharif's government, affirming its continuity.

"The entire nation states that the biggest fraud occurred, yet the Chief Justice is defining the Election Commission. The Election Commission has committed the greatest fraud in the country. We are seeking justice from the Chief Justice. If investigations proceed, the Chief Election Commissioner will face Article 6."

“I will never succumb to the tyranny of time; I am prepared to die in jail. As long as I live, I will wage this battle. I am the one who says La Ilaha Illallah. Videos of Maryam Nawaz, Nawaz Sharif, and Khawaja Asif are present here in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Urge the government to file cases against them” remarked Khan.

Regarding national security, Khan highlighted the necessity of a strong relationship with Afghanistan, stating, "We cannot defeat TTP without it."

Further adding, “Why did Bilawal Bhutto and our Foreign Minister not visit Afghanistan? Without support from the Afghan government, we cannot win this war across a 2500-kilometer-long border. During our tenure, the ATS and Ghani government collaborated. Despite this, I visited Afghanistan and held discussions."

WildApache

Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
He says Laa illahaa and goes on hunger strike , hunger strike is haram and a big big sin

Pakistanis and there stupidity once again

HeratKabul

SpeedLimited
Apr 14, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Imran Khan announces hunger strike over lack of confidence in CJ Qazi Faez Isa​

Former prime minister criticises CJ's role in PTI’s ongoing legal battles

News Desk
July 05, 2024

pti chairman imran khan is addressing supporters via video link on feb 4 2023 photo pti social media

PTI Chairman Imran Khan is addressing supporters via video link on Feb 4, 2023. PHOTO: PTI/SOCIAL MEDIA

PTI founder and former premier Imran Khan has expressed his lack of confidence in Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Qazi Faez Isa, and declared his intention to go on a hunger strike in jail.

The PTI supremo made this statement during a media interaction at Rawalpindi's Adiala Jail, citing ongoing concerns over CJ's involvement in benches handling PTI and his personal cases.

Imran Khan highlighted objections raised by his legal team regarding the judge's repeated presence, indicating a growing belief within his camp that justice may not be impartially served under these circumstances.

The PTI founder referenced a recent decision by Justice Gulzar's five-member bench, which supported his team's stance that CJ should not preside over their cases. Additionally, he noted the administrative dynamics within the jail, mentioning the involvement of senior military officials in day-to-day operations.

Referring to the incident where a scheduled meeting with his team was unexpectedly cancelled, Imran expressed disappointment over the missed opportunity to resolve internal disputes had the meeting proceeded as planned.

Imran expressed disappointment over a cancelled meeting with his legal team, lamenting missed opportunities to resolve internal disputes. The superintendent, allegedly at the request of a jailed colonel, denied Khan's team access, citing operational reasons.
Asserting his party's resilience, Khan declared, "They are mistaken; they think my party will weaken. They don't realize that the party with the strongest voter base remains strong."

Khan emphasized that the IMF cannot solve the country's issues, asserting that the solution lies in fair and transparent elections. He expressed concern that Pakistan, which once led until 1990, is now being surpassed by other nations.

“The country is controlled solely by the elite. What is the purpose of a president who increases the president's house expenditures? Electricity and gas bills have broken the people's backs."

Khan mentioned that discussions had taken place involving Omer Ayyub, Senate Shibli Faraz, and Ali Amin Gandapur following his remarks in the National Assembly on February 8th. He noted that negotiations were conducted under the condition that he would refrain from intervening against powerful entities in power.

The former premier emphasized that discussions occur when issues arise, and he expressed willingness to engage with Shehbaz Sharif's government, affirming its continuity.

"The entire nation states that the biggest fraud occurred, yet the Chief Justice is defining the Election Commission. The Election Commission has committed the greatest fraud in the country. We are seeking justice from the Chief Justice. If investigations proceed, the Chief Election Commissioner will face Article 6."

“I will never succumb to the tyranny of time; I am prepared to die in jail. As long as I live, I will wage this battle. I am the one who says La Ilaha Illallah. Videos of Maryam Nawaz, Nawaz Sharif, and Khawaja Asif are present here in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Urge the government to file cases against them” remarked Khan.

Regarding national security, Khan highlighted the necessity of a strong relationship with Afghanistan, stating, "We cannot defeat TTP without it."

Further adding, “Why did Bilawal Bhutto and our Foreign Minister not visit Afghanistan? Without support from the Afghan government, we cannot win this war across a 2500-kilometer-long border. During our tenure, the ATS and Ghani government collaborated. Despite this, I visited Afghanistan and held discussions."
More power to IK.

Any respectable judge will recuse himself, when his integrity or impartiality is questioned. But Pakistan's judiciary is class apart - absolutely no honour or self-respect.

Last edited:

EugeneP

May 7, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
He says Laa illahaa and goes on hunger strike , hunger strike is haram and a big big sin

Pakistanis and there stupidity once again
Not so fast. Headline is not accurate. if you read further:

his intention to go on a hunger strike in jail.

He wants to draw attention to perceived injustice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest