India condemns Iran's Ali Khamenei's remark on ‘suffering of Indian Muslims’: ‘…advised to look at their own record’

Mrloveday

SpeedLimited
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
India has sharply criticized Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for his recent remarks about the treatment of Muslims in South Asia nation. On Monday, Khamenei posted on social media, suggesting that Muslims cannot claim true faith if they are indifferent to the suffering of Muslims in regions like Myanmar, Gaza, India, and elsewhere.

India's foreign ministry has described his statements as "misinformed and unacceptable," expressing deep disapproval.

What did Khamenei say on treatment of Muslims?
"The enemies of Islam have always tried to make us indifferent with regard to our shared identity as an Islamic Ummah. We cannot consider ourselves to be Muslims if we are oblivious to the suffering that a Muslim is enduring in #Myanmar, #Gaza, #India, or any other place," Khamenei said in a social media post on Monday.

Khamenei previous comments on India
Earlier in 2019, he had tweeted saying, “We’re concerned about Muslims’ situation in #Kashmir. We have good relations with India, but we expect the Indian government to adopt a just policy towards the noble people of Kashmir and prevent the oppression & bullying of Muslims in this region."

Then in another post in 2020, he wrote, “The hearts of Muslims all over the world are grieving over the massacre of Muslims in India. The govt of India should confront extremist Hindus & their parties & stop the massacre of Muslims in order to prevent India’s isolation from the world of Islam. #IndianMuslimslnDanger"

India's response to Khamenei's statement
The foreign ministry said it "strongly deplored" the comments. “We strongly deplore the comments made regarding minorities in India by the Supreme Leader of Iran. These are misinformed and unacceptable. Countries commenting on minorities are advised to look at their own record before making any observations about others."

India-Iran relations
The two countries have typically shared a strong relationship, and signed a 10-year contract in May to develop and operate the Iranian port of Chabahar.

India has been developing the port in Chabahar on Iran's south-eastern coast along the Gulf of Oman as a way to transport goods to Iran, Afghanistan and central Asian countries, bypassing the ports of Karachi and Gwadar in its rival Pakistan.

Source:
Mint
India has sharply criticized Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for his recent remarks about the treatment of Muslims in South Asia nation. On Monday, Khamenei posted on social media, suggesting that Muslims cannot claim true faith if they are indifferent to the suffering of Muslims in regions like Myanmar, Gaza, India, and elsewhere.

India's foreign ministry has described his statements as "misinformed and unacceptable," expressing deep disapproval.

What did Khamenei say on treatment of Muslims?
"The enemies of Islam have always tried to make us indifferent with regard to our shared identity as an Islamic Ummah. We cannot consider ourselves to be Muslims if we are oblivious to the suffering that a Muslim is enduring in #Myanmar, #Gaza, #India, or any other place," Khamenei said in a social media post on Monday.

Khamenei previous comments on India
Earlier in 2019, he had tweeted saying, “We’re concerned about Muslims’ situation in #Kashmir. We have good relations with India, but we expect the Indian government to adopt a just policy towards the noble people of Kashmir and prevent the oppression & bullying of Muslims in this region."

Then in another post in 2020, he wrote, “The hearts of Muslims all over the world are grieving over the massacre of Muslims in India. The govt of India should confront extremist Hindus & their parties & stop the massacre of Muslims in order to prevent India’s isolation from the world of Islam. #IndianMuslimslnDanger"

India's response to Khamenei's statement
The foreign ministry said it "strongly deplored" the comments. “We strongly deplore the comments made regarding minorities in India by the Supreme Leader of Iran. These are misinformed and unacceptable. Countries commenting on minorities are advised to look at their own record before making any observations about others."

India-Iran relations
The two countries have typically shared a strong relationship, and signed a 10-year contract in May to develop and operate the Iranian port of Chabahar.

India has been developing the port in Chabahar on Iran's south-eastern coast along the Gulf of Oman as a way to transport goods to Iran, Afghanistan and central Asian countries, bypassing the ports of Karachi and Gwadar in its rival Pakistan.

This is standard diplomacy. Indian Embassy would have been informed in advance about it, and the response would have also been communicated in advance to the Iranians

This is standard diplomacy. Indian Embassy would have been informed in advance about it, and the response would have also been communicated in advance to the Iranians

Standard diplomacy he says. The Iranian supreme leader calls you out in the open.

Are Indian Muslims suffering? 🤔

Standard diplomacy he says. The Iranian supreme leader calls you out in the open.

He is a rable rouser. No one cares about his tantrums. He has done it previously too. What happened after that 🤣. On the contrary Shias get better representation under Modi rule because Sunnis form bigger votebank and discriminate against them

Let's say the Iranian leader genuinely thinks some or all Muslims in India are suffering. He is entitled to think so. He also feels that as a Muslim leader himself he needs to point it out. He also realises India is officially a friendly nation, so the matter will also need to be handled diplomatically. So they inform India that they are going to raise the issue. Such things happen. Nothing shocking about it.

India is lately having issues with almost every neighbor. Only Bhutan is a good puppy?

Funnily enough, India didn't follow this advice just last month when it commented on minorities in Bangladesh.

Hindutva and their hypocrisy.

I don't understand.

Sunni countries don't like Iran. But when it comes to India, they support Iran.

Iran has not even spared Pakistani and Afghan Shia refugees and immigrants. They are so brutal towards them..

This is confusing

I don't understand.

Iran has not even spared Pakistani and Afghan Shia refugees and immigrants. They are so brutal towards them..

This is confusing
I fight by brother all the time, that doesn't mean I will let my neighbor do it.

And since you played the divide and rule card, I advise you to re read the article you yourself shared and the supreme leader of Iran's statement in it

"The enemies of Islam have always tried to make us indifferent with regard to our shared identity as an Islamic Ummah"

Almost as if He is talking about you. seems.

I don't understand.

This is confusing
It is confusing only if you have a simplistic world view. Governments can have a different stand from their people. As an Indian citizen are you a mouthpiece of Modi?

Now onto everywhere else from Indonesia to Morocco

I fight by brother all the time, that doesn't mean I will let my neighbor do it.

And since you played the divide and rule card, I advise you to re read the article you yourself shared and the supreme leader of Iran's statement in it

"The enemies of Islam have always tried to make us indifferent with regard to our shared identity as an Islamic Ummah"

Almost as if He is talking about you. seems.
Asking a basic question isn't divide and rule.

Many Muslims have accused Gulf countries and Iran of secretly supporting Zionists.

Who are the enemies of Islam?

Barelvis, Deobandis, Shias, Salafis have declared each other infidels.

So please Sir. Do clear my doubts.

It is confusing only if you have a simplistic world view. Governments can have a different stand from their people. As an Indian citizen are you a mouthpiece of Modi?
Modi is a puppet of Muslims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back