Indian Economy: News, Updates and Discussions

As a Tesla shareholder I say F*** Musk and India should say same to Musk.

Musk is as dumb as Tim Cook. Putting all eggs in one basket which is China. China as usual reverse engineer or steel and eventually Tesla will lose market share in China. Meanwhile Chinese car makers are making cars in Indian market and mint money in India.

Tim learned during Covid hard way and now his China sale is plunging and India is rescuing Apple.

Musk needs to really get rid of X and his account on X or leave Tesla and concentrate on X and Space X.

@Hamartia Antidote

As a Tesla shareholder I say F*** Musk and India should say same to Musk.

Musk is as dumb as Tim Cook. Putting all eggs in one basket which is China. China as usual reverse engineer or steel and eventually Tesla will lose market share in China. Meanwhile Chinese car makers are making cars in Indian market and mint money in India.

Tim learned during Covid hard way and now his China sale is plunging and India is rescuing Apple.

Musk needs to really get rid of X and his account on X or leave Tesla and concentrate on X and Space X.

@Hamartia Antidote

Well he's going to where the money and demand is.

China sells like 25 million cars a year while India does like 3.

I have no idea what the retail prices are of your top 10 cars but it needs to be near what China's is and right now their top selling car last year was the Model Y at a minimum price of like $36,000.

Model-4.png

456394*$36000= $16 Billion

Remember that is just for one Tesla model locally.

Well he's going to where the money and demand is.

China sells like 25 million cars a year while India does like 3.

I have no idea what the retail prices are of your top 10 cars but it needs to be near what China's is and right now their top selling car last year was the Model Y at a minimum price of like $36,000.

Model-4.png

456394*$36000= $16 Billion

Remember that is just for one Tesla model locally.
Tim Cook was saying same until he started manufacturing and now India is saving Apple a**.

Tesla shouldn’t allow competition to fester and get first mover advantage.

It made complete sense for Musk to open Tesla factory in China but now creating the second one where he’s not able to sell the car and they are for the export purpose. Very bad move for Tesla shareholders.

Yeah well the iphone has been out since 2007 and it is only last year that you got on the radar.

It made complete sense for Musk to open Tesla factory in China but now creating the second one where he’s not able to sell the car and they are for the export purpose. Very bad move for Tesla shareholders.

All I can say is where the Tesla superchargers already exist sounds like a proven market where a factory makes sense in.

superchargermap.png
Right now the map is noticeably empty for India.
Even little Iceland has a bunch.

BTW this map can be a nice tipoff of population densities. Note how almost everything is on China's extreme thin band East Coast (which makes HSR reasonable) while ours is much wider on the East coast with a gap in the middle and then another heavy density on the West.

Last edited:
Yeah well the iphone has been out since 2007 and it is only last year that you got on the radar.

All I can say is where the Tesla superchargers already exist sounds like a proven market that a factory makes sense in.

View attachment 30966
Right now the map is empty for India.
Well isn’t creating Tesla super charger network is Tesla strength? Who created all in very countries you posted? TESLA.

One thing you are forgetting India is very densely populated country and ideal
For EV and Solar. Solar is already tough for Tesla as it is crowded but EV is not.

Well isn’t creating Tesla super charger network is Tesla strength? Who created all in very countries you posted? TESLA.

One thing you are forgetting India is very densely populated country and ideal
For EV and Solar. Solar is already tough for Tesla as it is crowded but EV is not.

Yes, they build superchargers in countries where people are showing a high interest in buying their cars.

Yes, they build superchargers in countries where people are showing a high interest in buying their cars.
Again I think Musk is short sighted and I am not sure about long term future of Tesla unless Dojo or robot works. Tesla just as car compony is not worth stock price and current slide is showing it.

Again I think Musk is short sighted and I am not sure about long term future of Tesla unless Dojo or robot works. Tesla just as car compony is not worth stock price and current slide is showing it.

Elon Musk has already said people are mistaking Tesla for a car company when it is really a tech company that also builds cars.

Their computer vision will be licensed to other companies that are involved in robots, cars, and surveillance equipment.

Even Tesla is a front for SpaceX whose investors are looking to mine asteroids and they need robots with vision to look around and boring machines to exploit it.

Elon Musk has already said people are mistaking Tesla for a car company when it is really a tech company that also builds cars.

Their computer vision will be licensed to other companies that are involved in robots, cars, and surveillance equipment.

Even Tesla is a front for SpaceX whose investors are looking to mine asteroids and they need robots with vision to look around and boring machines to exploit it.
Agreed but we will belive when we see it. So far it is all talks and believe me I like Musk but he is stretching too thin. Following is Musk statement on Tesla earnings call Jan 2024.

“I would think of Dojo as a long shot. It’s a long shot worth taking because the payoff is potentially very high. But it’s not something that is a high probability”

Agreed but we will belive when we see it. So far it is all talks and believe me I like Musk but he is stretching too thin. Following is Musk statement on Tesla earnings call Jan 2024.

“I would think of Dojo as a long shot. It’s a long shot worth taking because the payoff is potentially very high. But it’s not something that is a high probability”

I think the extremely positive reception FSD V12 has received is proof that Dojo is on the correct path.

Here is a super critic of FSD abilities amazed by V12.

I think the extremely positive reception FSD V12 has received is proof that Dojo is on the correct path.

Here is a super critic of FSD abilities amazed by V12.
There you go brother, Musk idiot cannot keep his political opinions to himself or stay off from X and alienated Tesla customers, majority MAGA voters are not EV buyers.

There you go brother, Musk idiot cannot keep his political opinions to himself or stay off from X and alienated Tesla customers, majority MAGA voters are not EV buyers.

If Tesla was smart they should simply do what Waymo did back in 2018: Get a whole bunch of safety drivers and announce free taxi rides in FSD Teslas.

They can start now.

2018: Waymo launches self-driving taxi service in Arizona, Waymo One​

There's already Uber/Lyft taxi drivers using it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back