India’s Quiet Push to Steal More of China’s iPhone Business

Why would I spend $1400 on Android phone ?
Huawei has received 5 million pre-orders for its Tri-Fold phone, priced at $2800—essentially the cost of three iPhone 16 Pros. While impressive, it's a price I can't personally justify. I've never spent more than $400 on a phone, and currently, my midrange device costs less than $200, and it meets all my needs.

Why do I need a phone?

For calls, WhatsApp, navigation, and the occasional photo. My Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 does all of that perfectly. So, I don't feel the need for a high-end device.

Ultimately, a phone should serve your needs. If you believe only an iPhone or a premium device fulfills those needs, then that's the right choice for you.

Last edited:
Huawei has received 5 million pre-orders for its Tri-Fold phone, priced at $2800—essentially the cost of three iPhone 16 Pros. While impressive, it's a price I can't personally justify. I've never spent more than $400 on a phone, and currently, my midrange device costs less than $200, and it meets all my needs.

Why do I need a phone?

For calls, WhatsApp, navigation, and the occasional photo. My Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 does all of that perfectly. So, I don't feel the need for a high-end device.

Ultimately, a phone should serve your needs. If you believe only an iPhone or a premium device fulfills those needs, then that's the right choice for you.

I have a iPhone SE (I got it for $240). Before that I have used Samsung Galaxy and Google Nexus devices.

These are the following advantages from my vantage point -
some storage on iCloud
excellent power management (have not had the same luck with Android phones)
find my Phone feature is great for locating the phone when I misplace it (saved my ass quite a few times)

I know folks who have splurged $1000+ on their iPhones. These are people who are careful with their money. They insist the money spent on the iPhones is worth every dime

I suppose to each their own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back