Indonesian Domestic Politics Thread

In Conversation With President-Elect Prabowo Subianto​

Hey @Indos

was wondering out of 10 how much you score jokowi tenure.

Also out of 10, what you expect prabowo to be like for Indonesia in coming years.

Hey @Indos

was wondering out of 10 how much you score jokowi tenure.

Also out of 10, what you expect prabowo to be like for Indonesia in coming years.

Jokowi I would rate him 8, my disappointment is his pretty reluctant to spend adequate budget for our research program like KF21/IFX, R80, Rockets, etc.

Prabowo cannot rate it now as he hasnt lead the nation yet, we need to wait for several years to rate him but at least I am happy he understand the important of research and putting 2 % of GDP for research budget in his program. Despite having 2 % of GDP research budget seems not really possible within Indonesia circumtances where infrastructure development, subsidies etc still needs huge funds, but at least he understand the importance of research and this is the areas where I think Indonesia could jump into higher position in economic, defense and geopolitics realms

Former President SBY talking about Palestinian issue

First interview with Indonesian TV after winning the election

Family politics in Indonesia

1. Jokowi son, Gibran Rakabumi (Vice President Elect-2024 Election)

2. Megawati Daughter, Puan Maharani (Chairman of Parliament)

3. SBY oldest son, AHY, Democrat Leader, Minister under Jokowi Administration

4. Prabowo Nephew, son of Indonesia former Central Bank Governor. Budi Satrio Djiwandono. Gerindra high rank leader.

Budi Djiwandono is prepared for Jakarta Governor election in September 2024. The support comes from Gerindra party, Prabowo Subianto party.

Anies Baswedan and Ahok are expected to enter the race as well, along with another Heavy weight politicians like West Java Governor, Ridwan Kamil, who is supported by Golkar party.

Even Sri Mulyani Indrawati, current Finance Minister, who is very respected and popular, is rumored to be supported by PDI P for 2024 Jakarta Governor election.

It will likely be pretty tight and Indonesia future leader is likely emerged from Jakarta Governor next Election.

Jokowi is signaled to join Golkar party, once ruling Indonesia since 1966 and until now the party is still one of the largest parties in Indonesia.

Budi Djiwandono, Gerindra Party Prince/future leader, Prabowo nephew and son of Indonesia former Central Bank Governor said he would not enter Jakarta 2024 local election. I would say it is saver for him to enter Prabowo cabinet as minister.

7 periods Soeharto inagurated as Indonesia President (1967-1998)

Wiranto, former Indonesian Armed Force General, talking about 1997-1998 period. He was Armed Force General during 1997-1998 period.

Indonesian Armed Force representative in Parliament asked Soeharto to resign when the head met Soeharto in Mei 1998 and support Student demand. It needs to be clear that the student (university students) is the main force to speed up the reformation process from authoritarian into democracy.

Soeharto give mandate to him to restore the situation but he rejected and prefer to see the transition from authoritarian into democracy. Wiranto was still Armed Force Commander under Habibie administration (Democracy system)

Last edited:
Here check Wiranto family, he has 2 daughters and one son.

1717768801940.jpeg

Situation during Anies Baswedan Campaign in Jakarta. Presidential Campaign 2024.

Prabowo Campaign in Jakarta. Presidential Campaign 2024

Now Indonesian is busy on local election, we are going to elect Jakarta, West Java, Central Java, East Java, and other provinces Governor, mayors, local parliament leaders in the fourth quarter of 2024

Ridwan Kamil is projected still go into West Java Governor election under Golkar party while Anies Baswedan will go to Jakarta Governor election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back