ghazi52

THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Iran constructs over 10 km of wall along Afghanistan border​

The Frontier Post

afg-3-810x529.jpg

KABUL (Khaama Press): Nozer Nemati, Deputy Commander of the Iranian Ground Forces, announced that Iran had built over 10 kilometres of a wall along its border with Afghanistan.

On Monday, September 23, Iran’s state news agency reported that an additional 50 kilometres of the Iran-Afghanistan border are ready for wall construction.

Nemati emphasized that sealing the border will enhance security and prevent human trafficking, adding that “border closure will boost the country’s economy and enable precise control of cross-border movements.”

The Iranian official stated, “We have begun securing the northern part of the Afghanistan border and established a command center to oversee the process. This initiative is being systematically implemented, with parts of it progressing under the supervision of the Iranian Ground Forces.” According to the report, approximately 20 workshops are working on infrastructure and wall construction projects along the Afghanistan border.

In recent months, Iran has accelerated its efforts to build a wall along its border with Afghanistan to combat drug trafficking and prevent the illegal entry of migrants.

The ongoing construction of border walls by Iran raises significant security concerns for neighboring countries, particularly Afghanistan, as border control becomes stricter. Iran’s measures aim to combat illegal migration, but they also signal a broader concern over regional stability.

At the same time, both Iran and Pakistan have been increasingly involved in the forced deportation of Afghan refugees, contributing to a growing humanitarian crisis.

The security measures and deportations exacerbate the vulnerabilities of Afghan refugees, who are caught between unstable conditions in their homeland and restrictive policies from neighboring states.

only 10km?

I hope there are sensors and camera on every 100m, but I doubt it

they will find a ladder and climb over it easily

only 10km?

I hope there are sensors and camera on every 100m, but I doubt it

they will find a ladder and climb over it easily
More like burrow from underneath. You know afghani can dig and digs quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back