Iran Foreign Policy and Doctrine

?. Plenty of alternatives have been presented and are being implemented. Nobody is in the business of pointing out to you where the sky is blue.
Agreed,

First joining BRICS.

Second create an alternative payment system (Russia and Iran are just testing one to pay in rubles and rial). And more must be created.

Third create an alternative international currency for trading with BRICS countries at first and after many years even some western countries could join some of those payment systems and alternative currency.

Year after year Iran is pulverizing their non oil international exports. Even with some multimillionaire internacional publics contracts like that dam in Ceylon.

...If Muhammad doesn't come to the Mountain the Mountain will come to Muhammad.

Traditionally we had two regional commercial partner turkey and UAE in recent year for various reasons these two trade route were weakened in favour of some other routes but those countries don't have economic power and potential of these two .
Hope by electing Mr. Pezeshkian the problem with these two resolve and trade with them reach to previous levels

Traditionally we had two regional commercial partner turkey and UAE in recent year for various reasons these two trade route were weakened in favour of some other routes but those countries don't have economic power and potential of these two .
Hope by electing Mr. Pezeshkian the problem with these two resolve and trade with them reach to previous levels
Why were they ‘weakened’? Your comments are vague and lack objectivity.

Why were they ‘weakened’? Your comments are vague and lack objectivity.
Our export and trade with those countries simple drunk compared for example to 16+ year ago the share of trade with those countries is a lot less than what it used to be.

In all fairness, I would like to mention the trade between Iran and the UAE.
Under the Ahmadinejad administration, it increased about fourfold and peaked in 2012.
Then, during the eight miserable years of the Rouhani administration, trade with the UAE plummeted to the level of 15 years ago.
Under the Raisi administration, trade with the UAE rebounded dramatically in just three years, reaching an all-time high in 2023, surpassing the 2012 peak.
When I see this fact, I cannot help but mourn the loss of President Raisi.
And I cannot help but feel a strong sense of discomfort with the image of "economically inept conservatives" conveyed by the reformist-leaning media.

Gents many Iranians online now saying that the west has nothing else to offer Iran other than trade or tourism. There’s nothing else on offer anymore. Irans totally self sufficient and the west has taken notice. Once this new BRICS currency comes on line, the western hand will get further weakened.

What a joke no?

Our export and trade with those countries simple drunk compared for example to 16+ year ago the share of trade with those countries is a lot less than what it used to be.
Why?

Please take all of the claims made in this article with an entire salt mines worth of salt:cautious:

I did like the 10,000 sets of "flak jackets" and helmets claim,that is a lot of body armor.😏
Iran doesn't even have jackets and helmets for all its forces

The claim may be real for ammunition but not armored and flak jackets

Its also very ironic that Ukraine says Iran is a weak nation while they are completely dependent on NATO and have to pay them 200 billions or pay them with their honor/body

Its also very ironic that Ukraine says Iran is a weak nation while they are completely dependent on NATO and have to pay them 200 billions or pay them with their honor/body
There are 500 000 men in active service in Iran between the Artesh and Sepah. 10 000 sets of helmets and body amour is not a far fetched claim in my opinion.

Exporting matériel has nothing to do with the same matériel being made available internally.

what?

It’s not like Iran has not mastered the incredibly hard technology of flak jackets. It’s that defense companies work on a CONTRACT basis.

Russia signed contracts and pays in CASH = Iranian defense company produces. Simple as that.

Just because Iranian military is either broke or unwilling to pay for body armour doesn’t mean Iranian defense industry doesn’t Have the capability to produce them on notice for a buyer (wether domestic or foreign).

The Iranian defense industry is many orders bigger than the Israeli defense industry.

There are plenty of Iranian “ideas” and weapons sitting on the shelf waiting for someone to award a contract.

Case in point, look at how many Iranian MRAPs in Iraq vs Iran itself.

Exporting matériel has nothing to do with the same matériel being made available internally.

Exactly.

Iranian defense companies don’t make a product unless awarded a contract. That is how it works around the world. That is why so many people were Suprised that American companies cannot produce more than X amount of shells, stingers, etc per month for Ukraine.

People seem to think Arms companies just produce weapons 24/7 and store them until buyers show up. What company operates under that concept? Great way to go out of business.

That is another reason why Iran keeps certain low grade production tasks (ie tank modernization) on going at all times, to keep staff and engineers doing some work to prevent a total shutdown of a production line.

Russia and America learned that the hard way of how long it takes to restart shuttered production lines again.

In all fairness, I would like to mention the trade between Iran and the UAE.
Under the Ahmadinejad administration, it increased about fourfold and peaked in 2012.
Then, during the eight miserable years of the Rouhani administration, trade with the UAE plummeted to the level of 15 years ago.
Under the Raisi administration, trade with the UAE rebounded dramatically in just three years, reaching an all-time high in 2023, surpassing the 2012 peak.
When I see this fact, I cannot help but mourn the loss of President Raisi.
And I cannot help but feel a strong sense of discomfort with the image of "economically inept conservatives" conveyed by the reformist-leaning media.
Don't blame roohani blame the one who conquered certain embassies . They were present at certain candidate election campaign

Maybe scaling embassy walls , had something to do with it.
Oh. Good then. Those 'embassy walls' were built for being crushed. As they are now. Please don't defend 'embassy walls' for a few pieces of chicken skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back