• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Iranian Foreign & Resistance Front Strategy & Operations

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
losing 3 senior commanders is not a light blow even for a decentralised organisation

what I don't understand is why Hezbollah doesn't down every Israeli drone that enters Lebanon. most of these assassinations (and the related surveillance) are carried out using drone strikes. Hezbollah has the 358 SAM which has proven proficient in intercepting MALE drones. It should fire the 358 SAM at any and all drones that enter Lebanese airspace. Hezbollah must not have sufficient inventories for this.
No, not a light blow--but not as effective as the enemy dreams of. Nowhere close.

Anyway I don't believe it's that easy shooting these down...although doing so might not be 'worthwhile' along the lines you suggested. That said, the fact that these pieces are found and taken off the board is more significant. Clearly Hezbollah has not found a solution yet. Clearly AI driven.

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Does Hezbollah have self-propelled artilley, or any artillery? Or is it all rockets and missiles ?
Artillery is a vague term. It can include rocket artillery or mortars/shells. Hezbollah has all of these. Even Hamas in Gaza has small mortar artillery.

Garcia Sea

Apr 16, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Unfortunately, countries in the Middle East, whether Arab or Iranian, are full of Western and Israeli spies.
So anywhere the US or Israel can assassinate any government official, military official, or civilian as they wish.
Obviously, since there are spies in the heart of the military and the movements of the top brass are being tracked, I think there is little or no way for them to defend themselves.

In comparison, Western society is, contrary to the image created by media reports, very closed, and it is not easy for spies to penetrate there, as it requires strong connections and long years of loyalty to those in power in order to rise through the ranks and attain high positions.
Having worked in such a society for nearly 30 years, I am well aware that those who are close to the centers of power in western societies are extremely closed communities with a unique culture, which is not a world that ordinary people can enter.

The people of the Middle East have been deceived by the propaganda of freedom spread by the U.S., and their societies are too open to be fair game.

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Artillery is a vague term. It can include rocket artillery or mortars/shells. Hezbollah has all of these. Even Hamas in Gaza has small mortar artillery.

my definition is the the below types. I have never seen any - was curious why given their flexibility etc.

1720096436721.png

and

1720096445394.png

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Unfortunately, countries in the Middle East, whether Arab or Iranian, are full of Western and Israeli spies.
So anywhere the US or Israel can assassinate any government official, military official, or civilian as they wish.
Obviously, since there are spies in the heart of the military and the movements of the top brass are being tracked, I think there is little or no way for them to defend themselves.

In comparison, Western society is, contrary to the image created by media reports, very closed, and it is not easy for spies to penetrate there, as it requires strong connections and long years of loyalty to those in power in order to rise through the ranks and attain high positions.
Having worked in such a society for nearly 30 years, I am well aware that those who are close to the centers of power in western societies are extremely closed communities with a unique culture, which is not a world that ordinary people can enter.

The people of the Middle East have been deceived by the propaganda of freedom spread by the U.S., and their societies are too open to be fair game.
That's a, more or less, correct take. Iran currently is developing a network of 'khodee' (relationships, universities, business, etc) which will eventually address the gaps your mentioned.

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Professor mearsheimer is hinting at Israel being in a whole lotta trouble and nearing its belated demise. The IDF can’t even fight Hamas or PIJ or PFLP. Taking on Hezb would totally unravel the Israeli military. Is it a possibility that the US sells Israel as a stressed asset to Iran?…..😝…..it’s just a loss making money hemorrhaging asset now. A serious liability for the west. Iran could buy it for pennies on the dollar, give it a low cost makeover as part of a grand bargain. Things ain’t lookin up for the Israelis that’s for sure. They know they can never win against Iran, no matter what they do:

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Professor mearsheimer is hinting at Israel being in a whole lotta trouble and nearing its belated demise. The IDF can’t even fight Hamas or PIJ or PFLP. Taking on Hezb would totally unravel the Israeli military. Is it a possibility that the US sells Israel as a stressed asset to Iran?…..😝…..it’s just a loss making money hemorrhaging asset now. A serious liability for the west. Iran could buy it for pennies on the dollar, give it a low cost makeover as part of a grand bargain. Things ain’t lookin up for the Israelis that’s for sure. They know they can never win against Iran, no matter what they do:

Everyone knows this as of Oct 7th. Nothing new.

tsunset

The Legend
Sep 26, 2022
my definition is the the below types. I have never seen any - was curious why given their flexibility etc.

View attachment 53294
and

View attachment 53295
But on the field i wonder why having old, fixed artillery pieces when they have access to sneaky mobile artillery, lures and missile artillery, they outgun the large, fixed artillery such as those you posted the image of, unless talking about modern, guided artillery shells

They would be pounded immediately by fighter jets and modern, precise artillery pieces

Hezbollah plays with mortars, rocket and missile artillery such, in a same manner like Hamas but with way more space, number and better artillery

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That amphibious landing ship patrolling off the Israeli coast is a hint of where this might go toward soon. A 100k US troops, perhaps more invading Lebanon in desperation.
Umm no. The US isn't 'invading' nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest