JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

Is interim block 2.5 has similar range of block 3 AESAs sir?
It was the same Radar I believe -
But we’re taking 2 examples at best.

More so a case of seeing if the solution could be made to work quickly if needed. There are moles that talk and if the talk was “The PAF has neutralized our range advantage with the Rafale at scale” - that was sent.

Fake it till you make it

And today the PAF has made it and neutralized that Meteor range advantage

With much less range to engage the enemy because radar range of block 2 is much less than block 3 135 km (KLJ-7V2) and remember brother any airborne radars has a difficulty to detect and track the target at its max range, so forget the engagement at max range

And also remember brother BVRs are not fired at their max range in combat environments because enemy has a chance to evade BVRs especially in tail-chase scenario , BVRs often fire within NEZ (NO ESCAPE ZONE) so enemy has no chance to evade BVR but this also degrade BVR's range fo 40-60 km

If block 2 is capable to carry PLAAF version of PL15 (range = 200 km) with radar range and NEZ in mind for JF-17 Block II, PL15 fired by JF-17 Block II could have the slightly better range of our AMRAAM C-5 (range = 105 km) maybe 110-115 km range is most probable for PL15 fired by JF-17 Block II, hence JF-17 Block II can't capable to fully exploit the potential range of PLAAF version of PL15 because of limited radar range and NEZ considerations

This is my technical guesstimate I could be wrong here, if somebody finds wrong with this my post please correct me, thanks in advance
Wonderful analysis. (y)(y)

JF-17C multirole aircrafts presented to President Ilham Aliyev

President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev was presented JF-17C (Block-III) multirole fighter jets on September 25, at Heydar Aliyev International Airport. These advanced, lightweight, all-weather aircraft, designed for both day and night operations, were developed as a joint venture between Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation of China.
The jets have already been integrated into the arsenal of Azerbaijan's Air Force.
Defense Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov reported to Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev. Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister and Chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Air Vice Marshal Hakim Raza provided details about the aircraft's tactical and technical specifications, operational guidelines, and key performance indicators.
The JF-17C (Block-III) is a single-engine multirole combat aircraft known for its air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities, as well as its high maneuverability at medium and low altitudes, making it notable for its effective firepower.

Original Thread : https://defencepk.com/forums/threads/azerbaijan-has-received-first-jf-block-3-aircraft.13648/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back