• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Kalasha People: Shrouded in Myth & Mystery, Unraveling a Dark Reality as a Minority!

_NOBODY_

Jan 6, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Kalasha People: Shrouded in Myth & Mystery, Unraveling a Dark Reality as a Minority! Syed Gul Kalash

Welcome to "The Northern Podcast" with your host Imran Noshad Khan. In this episode, we dive deep into the rich history and origins of the Kalash people with our esteemed guest, Syed Gul Kalash. Explore the genetic past, vibrant festivals, and cultural background of the Kalash Valley. Syed Gul shares insights on the current tourism situation, shedding light on the challenges faced by the Kalash people. From the troubling treatment by tourists to the preservation of Kalashi culture, join us for a compelling conversation. Stay tuned for an eye-opening discussion on gender roles, the education system, and the disappearing cultures across different states of Pakistan. Don't miss this thought-provoking episode as we unravel the realities and experiences of the Kalash people.

00:00 Highlights
00:40 Intro
01:55 The origins and history of Kalash and its people
07:53 The genetic past of the Kalash people
12:55 Festivals of Kalash Valley and their concepts
17:12 Cultural background and realities of Kallash valley
23:53 Gul on the current tourism situation of Kalash Valley
29:55 Terrible treatment of Kallash people by tourists
31:17 Gul narrates the terrible experiences of individuals attempting to convert her religion
38:02 Causes of the decline in the Kalash population
39:54 Gender roles in Kalash’s religion/culture
44:01 Education system of Kalash Valley
45:51 Gul’s experience in Hazara University Chitral
47:14 Gul outlines preventative measures to preserve Kalashi culture
49:16 Disappearing cultures of different states of Pakistan
51:25 Outro

@ghazi52 @Fatman17 @RescueRanger @LeGenD @Goenitz @Waz @Musings

Goenitz

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Good step by the podcasters... National and pvt TVs are on opium and just rant about politics all day.

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It is very sad, to see the disappearance of cultures of different parts of Pakistan.

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
When I read of these interesting groups in the more geographical fringe parts of south Asia I anticipate with irritation the moment someone thousands of miles away claims and dictates their heritage for them.

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Some pendu of ours was sayin that these guys are left over army of Alexander the barbarian. So they did a genetic test on these tribals and turns out they are just another local tribe of us pendu……😝

Our pseudoscientific liberals just make up shit as they go along and live in a make belief world of their own creation.😝

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The Kalash are considered here as a tribe we should be supporting and protecting(as Greece),because of them being partly descendants of Alexander's soldiers and the Greco-Bactrian kingdoms.

There have been various "expeditions" by Greek professors,scientists and others to Kalash villages. The funny thing is that,after some time,the Slavs of FYROM found some other tribe,in Pakistan I think,and went there to start relations with them as "Macedonians"...lol

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The Kalash are considered here as a tribe we should be supporting and protecting(as Greece),because of them being partly descendants of Alexander's soldiers and the Greco-Bactrian kingdoms.

There have been various "expeditions" by Greek professors,scientists and others to Kalash villages. The funny thing is that,after some time,the Slavs of FYROM found some other tribe,in Pakistan I think,and went there to start relations with them as "Macedonians"...lol
We tested their genes and no link to neither Greece nor Macedonia. Pashto wahabbi was blabbering hes semitic lost Israeli tribal, so we tested him and he turned out to be central asian tribal small part mongol mostly Indian......lol.

Many others got tested for various claims, and they all turned out to be local pendu.

All claims debunked bro. :p

Aaaaaaahahahahahaaaaa

Many guys after getting humbled, disappeared due to the collapse of the narrative. Their worlds collapsed.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We tested their genes and no link to neither Greece nor Macedonia. Pashto wahabbi was blabbering hes semitic lost Israeli tribal, so we tested him and he turned out to be central asian tribal small part mongol mostly Indian......lol.

Many others got tested for various claims, and they all turned out to be local pendu.

All claims debunked bro. :p

Aaaaaaahahahahahaaaaa

Many guys after getting humbled, disappeared due to the collapse of the narrative. Their worlds collapsed.
I've no doubt they are largely "localized" by now. It's like..2,100 years? How long since the Greco-Bactrian kingdoms collapsed?

By the way,it's not "Macedonia",those wankers are Slavs. Just call them FYROM.

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Did you watch the interview? If yes please explain any other reason why you think is my statement is wrong.
I didn't, but did the interview say most Pakistani are literally wanting what you say? Like it's a nation wide effort

JaneBhiDoYaaron

Jul 15, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I didn't, but did the interview say most Pakistani are literally wanting what you say? Like it's a nation wide effort
I don’t think she has guts to say like that if want to live in Pakistan but it is is very obvious from her answers.

See following video and understand contribution of people who pretty much have been to erased from Pakistan history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts