• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Kalasha People: Shrouded in Myth & Mystery, Unraveling a Dark Reality as a Minority!

Kambojaric

RETIRED MOD
Apr 5, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I've no doubt they are largely "localized" by now. It's like..2,100 years? How long since the Greco-Bactrian kingdoms collapsed?

By the way,it's not "Macedonia",those wankers are Slavs. Just call them FYROM.
Yes Strato Philopator, dead in 10AD was the last completely Greek ruler in the upper Indus Valley/northern half of Pakistan.

However even at the peak of Greek power the genetic impact will have been minimal as this region was already well populated and remainders from Alexanders army and subsequent Ionian immigrants would have only represented a fraction of the population.

A clear evidence of this is the fast adoption of Buddhism by the Greek rulers. We do have some Hellenic temples but most of these were destroyed and looted, some as recently as 1895 by British officers

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
However even at the peak of Greek power the genetic impact will have been minimal as this region was already well populated and remainders from Alexanders army and subsequent Ionian immigrants would have only represented a fraction of the population.
Yes,it makes sense.

gangsta_rap

Nov 2, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes,it makes sense.
1720291668162.png

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Oddly enough, I have 3.8% Greek and Slavic ancestry. My family is Syed from my dads side and Mughal from the mothers side. Both sides are Punjabis

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Oddly enough, I have 3.8% Greek and Slavic ancestry. My family is Syed from my dads side and Mughal from the mothers side. Both sides are Punjabis

What test did you buy?

Not enough south Asians get these, so results previously were iffy

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts