NON RESPONSE TO PUBLIC LEGALISED

jokingjustice

Registered Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Reputation
171.0
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
NON RESPONSE NORMALISED



In its Editorial June 29, 2026 daily DAWN penned down its marvelous observation that non response has been normalized. The Editorial reads, sadly the ministries and other government entities do not respond even to the audit paras. It quotes the Economic Affairs Division and the Cabinet Division repeatedly not responding even to the parliamentarian standing committees. This show that non-response has been normalized.



2. What a wonderful observation. When mid 1960s I started my first job it was a usual that our top Managers on our presenting a typed letter angrily advised us “read daily DAWN editorials and articles”. In my Office in Karachi for this purpose five copies of DAWN were then subscribed.



3. In a joint meeting the then Federal Ombudsman and the then CJ SHC jointly observed that non response was the mother act of mal administration.



4. The Secretariat Manual makes it mandatory on each functionary to immediately and invariably acknowledge followed by a final response every communication received from member of the public.



5. The National Savings did not sent me a Form when I complained this non response to the Federal Ombudsman who summoned me from Bahrain for a hearing in his Karachi Office. I believed Federal Ombudsman provided free justice at one’s door steps. It was a prescription of about then Rs. 2 lac for me. While I was too much worried how to arrange amount for hearing travel, my inter pass wife using her brain advised me to ask my nephew to send one. I liked it. My nephew collected a free Form from National Savings with Rs. 50 postage stamps sent me abroad.



6. Due to active brain of my wife I saved, thus, Rs. 199,950 which otherwise I would had spent on travel for a hearing. About 15 years have passed but still I feel sorry sometime that why was I not living in USA. Had I been I would had in that case saved Rs. 7,99,900/-.



7. In his Finding the Federal Ombudsman did not forget to mention my absence from the Hearing but did not like mentioning even a single word about non response by the National Savings thus in effect patting, braving, encouraging and appreciating the non respect to the rule, regulation or the procedure envisaged in the law book.



8. Today the whole ombudsman system specially the banking ombudsman takes complaint on the issue of non response as a foolishness of the complainant and completely ignored the issue. How can they take note of because their pensions, contract renewals, induction of their children is in the hands of bureaucrats and bankers back in the parent office whom they can’t make angry. How grave is the situation can be judged from one fact. I filed my complaint with Sindh Ombudsman on encroachment of plot. For 9 years received no response despite reminders. After 9 years it advised me to file afresh which I did. It is now four five years there is not a single response even complaint registration number against this fresh. Amuze yourself! I complained to the Grievance Commissioner for Overseas Pakistanis that SBP did not respond me seeking a banking related general information. The Commissioner did not respond. After three months waiting, I complained to the Federal Ombudsman, this time, complaining about non response by the Commissioner. I did not receive any progress from the Federal Ombudsman himself. Knowing well self or home accountability was for Kafirs not for us the pious Muslims, I myself did not care even to see status of my complaint through tracking. When an Ombudsman does not respect the relevant law, why would the Departments? In 1990 I took up the issue of increasing tendency of non response. Cabinet Division issued a circular as refresher to all Departments in Pakistan including four provincial secretaries endorsing a copy to me drawing attention to the relevant provision of the law in the Secretariat Manual. Today I have remotest hope if I approach again, the Cabinet Division itself will take note of. Late K.H. Khurseed said ombudsman system had increase rate of rishwat. May be but what I do know is the whole Ombudsman system has well contributed its share in destruction of the governance by siding and tilting toward erring functionaries. Tons and tons of justice manufactured and distributed is seen in high cost offset printed voluminous annual reports containing figures, but practically no ombudsman has diagnose and put any derailed system back on the track as is mentioned in the Establishment of ombudsman system. What is the worth of the whole Ombudsman system or its annual ritual of tons and tons of justice is that today even the Government ministers themselves are talking the present system had failed to deliver.
 
Shystem khrab ha, by design

Needs a world war to fix
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top