• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

PA Multi Launch Rocket Artillery Systems [BM-11, Fatah-I GMLRS, Fatah-II] - News, Updates & Discussions

falcon34

Dec 27, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I don’t remember unique speed being mentioned but unique flight trajectory. Can you share where it was quoted?

Edit: found it.
Just looked up ISPR's statement on it
Screenshot_20240515-173041.png

There is no mention of unique speed!!.
But still there is that mention of "defeating any missile defence system"
What qualities should a missile have to be labeled as such.
Can depressed or flat trajectory, evasive manouvers with high supersonic or speed should be hypersonic with the combination of the, i think ispr would not make any tall claims like that if the missile isn't hypersonic.

Last edited:

Bilal

Think Tank Analyst
Aug 9, 2013
Just looked up ISPR's statement on it
View attachment 40395
There is no mention of unique speed!!.
But still there is that mention of "defeating any missile defence system"
What qualities should a missile have to be labeled as such.
Can depressed or flat trajectory, evasive manouvers with high supersonic or speed should be hypersonic with the combination of the, i think ispr would not make any tall claims like that if the missile isn't hypersonic.
Yes, I think they are clearly saying it can defeat the defenses due to the unique trajectory and maneuverability. Missile defence depends on being able to predict where the object will be due to the nature of ballistic trajectory. If the missile is following unpredictable trajectory the missile defence would fail.

Hakikat ve Hikmet

Think Tank Analyst
Nov 14, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well, S-400s are being taken care of from, thanks to Akinji drones and FATAH-series MLRS....

What's next from Bharat?

hussain

Nov 24, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If I'm not wrong this is the fastest we've gone from test fire to user trial.
True, makes one think, was it a certain new capability being shown, or a certain new CGS? I'm confused :rolleyes:

Last edited:

falcon34

Dec 27, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The TEL seems interesting though. Even though they have paraded it they still blurred the TEL in both test videos.
There is literally nothing to be secretive about those TELs!!
Either its 2 rockets per Tell or 4 rockets per Tell.
Those Dumbs in gids needs to learn how israeli's market their Lora!!.

DedBot

Apr 30, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If I'm not wrong this is the fastest we've gone from test fire to user trial.
Fatah series is being sped up. Fatah-II has glide trajectory which the ISPR is alluding towards. Fatah-I has some similarities with A-100 but Fatah-II is an indigenous design and product. Today's exercise was super impressive in terms of objectives met. There will be other variants which won't fall under MLRS.

P.S: Fatah series is reserved for conventional payload only.

farooqbhai

Think Tank
Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Fatah series is being sped up. Fatah-II has glide trajectory which the ISPR is alluding towards. Fatah-I has some similarities with A-100 but Fatah-II is an indigenous design and product. Today's exercise was super impressive in terms of objectives met. There will be other variants which won't fall under MLRS.

P.S: Fatah Series is reserved for conventional payload only.
Fatah-1 and Fatah-2 GMRLS variants are there, then Fatah-2 SSM, Fatah-4 SSM and Fatah-3 SSM variant are in the SSM category

falcon34

Dec 27, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Fatah series is being sped up. Fatah-II has glide trajectory which the ISPR is alluding towards. Fatah-I has some similarities with A-100 but Fatah-II is an indigenous design and product. Today's test was super impressive in terms of objectives met. There will be other variants which won't fall under MLRS.
will other variants fall under Hypersonic glide vehicle??
Is the speed hypersonic or supersonic of the F2?

Users who are viewing this thread