PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

hahaha... When you are caught with your pants down, you replied a total loser response. Sorry for such wordings but that's what it is. Instead be a man and accept that you have no source. You are in public forum, you are not an authority yourself, whatever anyone has to say here is to be backed by sources. Its as basic as anything.

I can only laugh at a person who liked your comment and pity on your escape route instead accepting that you don't have any proof.

In future, with more orders the number could reach even 50+ but the fact of the matter is there is no confirmed source that tells us that initial order was for an imaginary number of 36.

How come first 20 birds were delivered so quickly and next 16 are taking ages if it's the same order ?? Think for yourself!
That is difficult to accept for many.

Even if there are “sources” to be claimed - the unfortunate reality is that everything that is up in the air in Pakistan is claimed to be some utopian reality.

Be it phantom oil and gas reserves, missile technology or this underground grey economy - all of it lives in either “fake it till you make it” or “lie so much and so loud people believe its true”

You can be rest assured that PAF will get more J-10C. It doesn't make sense to get a few dozen and quit. Yes, new orders will be placed. The PAF has for the first time had a good taste of a truly 4.5th platform which supercedes the F-16. We can gauge by the response that PAF is extremely satisfied with this platform. This fighter is in the league of the Eurofighter.

But the point is - and I know certain old members simply don't want to understand this - some are interested in facts and in fact, what's a fact now: So, what is the actual number ordered is interesting and not what maybe some say even maybe for sure!

Everything else is irrelevant ... and as such it's the same when the SCMP claimed already in 20220, there are 200+ J-20 in service and they are using WS-15 engines. When they reported it, it was wrong and so even if it would be correct now, does not make it a credible source!

But the point is - and I know certain old members simply don't want to understand this - some are interested in facts and in fact, what's a fact now: So, what is the actual number ordered is interesting and not what maybe some say even maybe for sure!

Everything else is irrelevant ... and as such it's the same when the SCMP claimed already in 20220, there are 200+ J-20 in service and they are using WS-15 engines. When they reported it, it was wrong and so even if it would be correct now, does not make it a credible source!

A futile debate in my opinion. It is only a matter of time before Pakistan receives more J-10C fighters.

A futile debate in my opinion. It is only a matter of time before Pakistan receives more J-10C fighters.

Again, that’s not the point … the relevant question is, what are the facts now and not what’s likely in the future!

Otherwise its almost the same as discussing with certain Indian members the capabilities of the yet not even flown Tejas MK2 vs whatever type… for them it’s irrelevant that the Tejas still does not exist since it is „A futile debate in my opinion. It is only a matter of time before“ the Tejas MK2 is better than …

It may be that you are not interested in this difference, but for some it is.

Again, that’s not the point … the relevant question is, what are the facts now and not what’s likely in the future!

Otherwise its almost the same as discussing with certain Indian members the capabilities of the yet not even flown Tejas MK2 vs whatever type… for them it’s irrelevant that the Tejas still does not exist since it is „A futile debate in my opinion. It is only a matter of time before“ the Tejas MK2 is better than …

It may be that you are not interested in this difference, but for some it is.
Based on the thread title, I would suggest that both getting to the truth about how many are currently on order & saying that Pakistan is likely to acquire more in coming years is based on certain facts is entirely appropriate.

I think the entire debate is lost within the original RFP -
that was to match the number of Rafale

Unfortunately, the economy could not cash those checks even when it came with soft financing so the contract stated 20 firm with an option for 16 more.

Emphasis on the option -

Now, Pakistan could procure 60 J-10Cs
It could also see J-35s land “next year”
And so on..

But while anyone can say “could”, after all I repeat this a bit stale but a former PAF chief said “We could get the F-22 if we wanted to..” to Air Forces Monthly…

The actual would of it is much less optimistic and much more fluid than is being assumed here.

The minister who first announced that J-10’s were coming said 25No. And there were credible (not social media rubbish) reports of negotiations for another 25 earlier this year. Ref the Cammo, you got any other examples of any other PAF Squadron using 2 totally different schemes in this way?
How can you be certain that there are no other contracts that haven’t been leaked?

If there were we wouldve seen some tail number leaks.
Also 20 jets on 11 years of loan doesn't induce confidence that Pakistan is in financial capacity to buy more.

If there were we wouldve seen some tail number leaks.
Also 20 jets on 11 years of loan doesn't induce confidence that Pakistan is in financial capacity to buy more.
I’m not suggesting more exist in service right now, what I think is that they want more, plan to get more and will eventually do that.
No other example then of 2 totally different camos in the same fighter squadron? 10 aircraft in each squadron maybe ok short term while pilots are training up etc but doubt that’s a longer term plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back