PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Why you think re-engine would be F404?

4000 hours in 20 years means, 200 hours of flying each year.

And BTW, Kaveri has already achieved 500 hours of hot section life, this is similar to RD-33.
View attachment 42889
Any engine replacement requires redesign and can also affect flight performance. Besides, I heard that you even took Kaveai to Russia for testing. Hey buddy, besides f404, do you have any good options for your mk1a.

Any engine replacement requires redesign and can also affect flight performance. Besides, I heard that you even took Kaveai to Russia for testing. Hey buddy, besides f404, do you have any good options for your mk1a.
Obviously, but as the IP is Indian, its not going to be much of a problem.

Obviously, but as the IP is Indian, its not going to be much of a problem.
This is the most serious problem, proving that India does not have a complete system for developing engines and relies on foreign engines. It is easy for others to judge the production trend and development cycle of your fighter jet. Decades ago, we repeatedly experienced engine research failing to meet the design requirements of fighter jets, ultimately leading to performance indicators gradually falling behind and ultimately abandoning the entire fighter jet project. As long as the Tejas project relies on foreign engines, there is enough intelligence to understand, which gives Pakistan more buffer time for purchasing the j10c and producing the jf17 block3. We don't need to worry too much about your local light fighter jets at the moment

This is the most serious problem, proving that India does not have a complete system for developing engines and relies on foreign engines. It is easy for others to judge the production trend and development cycle of your fighter jet. Decades ago, we repeatedly experienced engine research failing to meet the design requirements of fighter jets, ultimately leading to performance indicators gradually falling behind and ultimately abandoning the entire fighter jet project. As long as the Tejas project relies on foreign engines, there is enough intelligence to understand, which gives Pakistan more buffer time for purchasing the j10c and producing the jf17 block3. We don't need to worry too much about your local light fighter jets at the moment
So don’t worry about it. Has someone forced you till now to worry about Mk1A?

And talking about Tejas’s engine on J-10 thread is indeed not a sign of worry.

Will the PAF invest in the dual seater J-10S?
As this bird will become the spine of Pak air force, I think it's just a question of time.
J31 will probably not be purchased in the same number than cheaper J10.

As this bird will become the spine of Pak air force, I think it's just a question of time.
Very possible

So don’t worry about it. Has someone forced you till now to worry about Mk1A?

And talking about Tejas’s engine on J-10 thread is indeed not a sign of worry.
My argument is that the Tejas project has little impact on the j10 project due to engine limitations. And you are solely studying the engine of Tejas in the j10 discussion, which is the difference. It is you who deviates from the topic. Of course, I can understand that you have shifted the blame onto me due to frustration

J-31 will be prime and frontline jet for PAF, it will not be workhorse for PAF like current combo of JF17 (workhorse) + F16 (prime/ frontline), J-31 will intended to replace our F16s but it will be several times more powerful than F16 so no need to replace our F16s with J-31 on one on one basis, 36-72 J-31 will be enough for Pakistan

Last edited:
My argument is that the Tejas project has little impact on the j10 project due to engine limitations. And you are solely studying the engine of Tejas in the j10 discussion, which is the difference. It is you who deviates from the topic. Of course, I can understand that you have shifted the blame onto me due to frustration
And why it going to have impact on J-10?
Both are different projects, of different nations.

Further, I merely quoted and corrected you on your rant. You want screenshots?

And why it going to have impact on J-10?
Both are different projects, of different nations.

Further, I merely quoted and corrected you on your rant. You want screenshots?
Don't be so excited, take two screenshots of my conversation. Your media likes to say that quantity is quality. If Tejas can break free from engine restrictions and produce on a large scale quickly, it will definitely have an impact on the j10, including the jf17 block3. For you, telling the truth is like roaring, and I feel helpless

J-31 will be prime and frontline jet for PAF, it will not be workhorse for PAF like current combo of JF17 (workhorse) + F16 (prime/ frontline), J-31 will intended to replace our F16s but it will be several times more powerful than F16 so no need to replace our F16s with J-31 on one on one basis, 36-72 J-31 will be enough for Pakistan
I agree.
In the same manner, 36 Rafale for India is far too few, because India is far more bigger than Pak, and is facing potential 2 opponents (Ch + Pak) when Pak only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts

Back