• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I do not know why, but I get the feeling the J-10C purchase is a stop gap and a bit of a reaction to Rafale in India.

If PAF is serious about Stealth and is planning in induction in next few years, my guess is we may not see more then a couple of Sqds of J-10C in PAF service, say 36-40 tops.

J-10C is a great plane, but it does not represent the generational leap from F-16/JF-17 to Stealth.

Any future acquisition of J10Cs, in my opinion, was and will be consistent with the acquisition of Rafale into the neighborhood. Thus, as we previously heard, the initial agreement for 50 aircrafts is expected to be finalized shortly; the precise timing of this completion is still unknown.

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
Any future acquisition of J10Cs, in my opinion, was and will be consistent with the acquisition of Rafale into the neighborhood. Thus, as we previously heard, the initial agreement for 50 aircrafts is expected to be finalized shortly; the precise timing of this completion is still unknown.

Would not be surpirsed if we ket it at just that order. Makes little sense now investing in 4th/4.5th gen now that Chinese and potentially Turkish stealth is on the table.

I would day halt J-10C at 50 or whatever. At least, minimum totally phase out Mirage/F-7 fleets.

180 JF-17s
50 - J-10Cs
75 - F-16s

That is 300 odd very capable fighters in 16-17 Fighter sqds.

Then hold and get say 100 Stealth fighters to totally replace F-16s and some older JF-17s

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Would not be surpirsed if we ket it at just that order. Makes little sense now investing in 4th/4.5th gen now that Chinese and potentially Turkish stealth is on the table.

I would day halt J-10C at 50 or whatever. At least, minimum totally phase out Mirage/F-7 fleets.

180 JF-17s
50 - J-10Cs
75 - F-16s

Then hold and get say 100 Stealth fighters to totally replace F-16s and some older JF-17s

The doctrine is what matters, not the 4.5 gen or anything else. As previously said, J10C's entry was and is contingent to Rafale's acquisitions in the neighborhood. I would not be surprised if we wind up with around 80 J10Cs, given the IAF is in the advanced stages of finalizing the deal for another 36 aircrafts.

Regarding the procurement of stealth aircraft, kindly take notice that we will not see the J31 in PAF colors before the 2030s. This is because the aircraft is currently in the prototype stage and has yet to enter in the production phase. Additionally, if the PLAAF decides to pursue this type, it will be given priority, which makes the timescale stated rational.

Furthermore, unless KAAN has an indigenous power plant/engine—which is at least a decade away—it is pretty well off the table.

The MLU plan, which covers engines in addition to avionics and weapons systems, appears to be almost finalised for JF17s (BLK I/II). Since the first JFs (15–16 years old) were introduced into service in 2007, there won't be any JF phase-outs. Yes, if we cannot find a solution like the "V" upgrade, we will witness the phase-out of A's and B's for F16s post 2035.

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
The doctrine is what matters, not the 4.5 gen or anything else. As previously said, J10C's entry was and is contingent to Rafale's acquisitions in the neighborhood. I would not be surprised if we wind up with around 80 J10Cs, given the IAF is in the advanced stages of finalizing the deal for another 36 aircrafts.

Regarding the procurement of stealth aircraft, kindly take notice that we will not see the J31 in PAF colors before the 2030s. This is because the aircraft is currently in the prototype stage and has yet to enter in the production phase. Additionally, if the PLAAF decides to pursue this type, it will be given priority, which makes the timescale stated rational.

Furthermore, unless KAAN has an indigenous power plant/engine—which is at least a decade away—it is pretty well off the table.

The MLU plan, which covers engines in addition to avionics and weapons systems, appears to be almost finalised for JF17s (BLK I/II). Since the first JFs (15–16 years old) were introduced into service in 2007, there won't be any JF phase-outs. Yes, if we cannot find a solution like the "V" upgrade, we will witness the phase-out of A's and B's for F16s post 2035.

Unlikley IAF will now go for another 36 Rafales. That boat has sailed.

J-31 has specifically been made for export, PLAAF has shown little interest, and they are marketing it aggressively so my guess is they can meet demand quickly once it is ready.

Never write off the Turks, consdiering how far they have come in such a short time span I woukd not be suprised if they have totally ITAR free KAAN by 20228-2030

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Unlikley IAF will now go for another 36 Rafales. That boat has sailed.

Talks are in final phase for 62 aircrafts (26 for IN & 36 for IAF).

J-31 has specifically been made for export, PLAAF has shown little interest, and they are marketing it aggressively so my guess is they can meet demand quickly once it is ready.

Even though nothing official, PLAAF is eager to acquire this type; if it does so, J31s in PAF colors will be seen after 2030.

Never write off the Turks, consdiering how far they have come in such a short time span I woukd not be suprised if they have totally ITAR free KAAN by 20228-2030

Engine/power plant is the primary obstacle, and even TAI has stated that by 2033/34, KAAN will be ready to fly with indigenous engine.

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
Talks are in final phase for 62 aircrafts (26 for IN & 36 for IAF).

Even though nothing official, PLAAF is eager to acquire this type; if it does so, J31s in PAF colors will be seen after 2030.

Engine/power plant is the primary obstacle, and even TAI has stated that by 2033/34, KAAN will be ready to fly with indigenous engine.

No sir, there are no formal talks, let alone anything in "final stages" for 36 more IAF aircraft, do you have a source for this?

Where does it mention PLAAF are keen on this type? They have not placed any orders and have not provided any funding as they do with most types, the funding for this aircraft has come from a the manufacturer. Do you have a soruce?

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No sir, there are no formal talks, let alone anything in "final stages" for 36 more IAF aircraft, do you have a source for this?

Where does it mention PLAAF are keen on this type? They have not placed any orders and have not provided any funding as they do with most types, the funding for this aircraft has come from a the manufacturer. Do you have a soruce?

And do you really believe that a builder or manufacturer, particularly one in China, would spend a large sum of money (billions of dollars) on a defense project without official government approval/consent?

I rest my case.....

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024

And do you really believe that a builder or manufacturer, particularly one in China, would spend a large sum of money (billions of dollars) on a defense project without official government approval/consent?

I rest my case.....

Government approval of course, Chinese government has approved many projects that were for export only. Do you have any source for PLAAF interest in the type? As they have expressed none.

The link you posted no mention at all of an additional 36 Rafales being negotiated for the IAF.

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Government approval of course, Chinese government has approved many projects that were for export only. Do you have any source for PLAAF interest in the type? As they have expressed none.

The link you posted no mention at all of an additional 36 Rafales being negotiated for the IAF.
123.jpg

Quwa

Research Partner
May 15, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

180 JF-17s
50 - J-10Cs
75 - F-16s

IMO...the PAF will lean on the J-10CE as its 'next-gen' lightweight multirole fighter moving forward. The twin-engine NGFA will be the 'heavy' offensive platform, and the J-10CE the lighter multirole complement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest