Pakistan Made ACMI Pod Deployed in Falcon Talon 2024 !

CombatCorner

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
47082919_321949471959259_6243537071353364480_n.jpg

Air Combat Manoeuvring Instrument (ACMI) Pod first revealed in IDEAS 2018 is a major achievement by the PAC Avionics Works. This was the information given by someone well accustomed to its missions and benefits.
"Air Combat Manoeuvring Instrument Pod, used for 3D missions debriefs.
It is a video pla back from a Birds eye view. Inputs from all formation members ACMIs are sunthesised to give a view as if you are viewing the combat from above. The NG, however represent, Next Generation product.
A positive step towards indigenization.
The PAC Pod was seen on PAF Viper during the ongoing Falcon Talon 2024 exercise. FB_IMG_1718468144952.jpg

Source:
Combat Crew
PAF has had its own ACM pod for decades - this is not a new achievement ? Maybe a new version - but they always had this capability.
Yes PAF had this capability before with American and Turkish pods but now the PAF is using an indigenous product produced by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Avionics factory.

How did the Americans allow this indigenious tech to be integrated into the F-16? Aren't Pakistani F-16s monitored by the Americans?

How did the Americans allow this indigenious tech to be integrated into the F-16? Aren't Pakistani F-16s monitored by the Americans?
And the myth of so called "Kill Switch" was blown away on 27.2. 19

And the myth of so called "Kill Switch" was blown away on 27.2. 19

That doesn't answer my question. How is Pakistan able to integrate and change the configuration of advanced F-16 blocks that are supposedly monitored by the Americans? According to the deal between Pakistan and the US, US personnel is allowed to periodically monitor the Block 52 F-16s. I am surprised how Pakistan has been able to add indigenous tech to these fighters. Either the monitoring has stopped or the Americans have allowed Pakistan to do whatever it likes with these F-16s, right?

That doesn't answer my question. How is Pakistan able to integrate and change the configuration of advanced F-16 blocks that are supposedly monitored by the Americans? According to the deal between Pakistan and the US, US personnel is allowed to periodically monitor the Block 52 F-16s. I am surprised how Pakistan has been able to add indigenous tech to these fighters.
Pakistan has integrated much more lethal systems than an ACMI Pod on it's Vipers. Watch out for 19 Squadron F-16s stationed in Bholari. ;)

Pakistan has integrated much more lethal systems than an ACMI Pod on it's Vipers. Watch out for 19 Squadron F-16s stationed in Bholari. ;)

Well, that means that the Americans don't monitor Pakistani F-16s anymore. That is the only conclusion I can draw from this. If that is truly the case we can indeed go bezerk with indigenous integration.

View attachment 48548

Air Combat Manoeuvring Instrument (ACMI) Pod first revealed in IDEAS 2018 is a major achievement by the PAC Avionics Works. This was the information given by someone well accustomed to its missions and benefits.
"Air Combat Manoeuvring Instrument Pod, used for 3D missions debriefs.
It is a video pla back from a Birds eye view. Inputs from all formation members ACMIs are sunthesised to give a view as if you are viewing the combat from above. The NG, however represent, Next Generation product.
A positive step towards indigenization.
The PAC Pod was seen on PAF Viper during the ongoing Falcon Talon 2024 exercise. View attachment 48551
To be honest from this picture it looks more like this Turkish ACMI pod:
1718472265143.jpeg

Basically all the ACMI Pod appear to be same, PAF also uses Turkish version but there's a reason Pakistani flag appear on the NG version.
Yes, so do all the missiles to some degree. But there are slight differences. GIDS ACMI has fins at the back and strakes in the front. The nose is also different from GIDS one and an exact match to the Turkish one.

The second picture you shared i am pretty sure is a Leonardo DRS pod. Again not the GIDS one.

1718474734832.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, that means that the Americans don't monitor Pakistani F-16s anymore. That is the only conclusion I can draw from this. If that is truly the case we can indeed go bezerk with indigenous integration.
If it’s actually the case, I hope they go for the Ozgur upgrade soon, with the associated full range of Turkish munitions/missiles. Would love to see the GoKhan ramjet missile on the F-16s give the jet back its first shot first kill advantage in the region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back